Post Game: San Francisco defeats GB 37-8

Absolutely pathetic performance up and down the roster from a team that just didn't look prepared. That's 100% on the coaching staff. LaFluer's inexperience really showed through on this one.

Still 100% convinced this would be a 7-9 team if McCarthy was still the coach. Wasn't Lefluer's best day Sunday, but it's an absolute credit to him that this team is going to win 11 or 12 games.

We had 4.2 per carry on 28 attempts. Not bad, imo.

Yes, we did run the ball ok but when you get sacked 5 times and do not have time to get rid of the football you cannot score and those runs are negated. We also have no WRs that can get open besides Adams.

ML’s offense was supposed to “scheme” pass receivers open.

LaFleur, who like McCarthy acts as his own play-caller, threw out McCarthy’s outdated offensive scheme and installed his more up to date version of the west coast offense. He brought with him a new zone-blocking scheme, a new emphasis on the run game, and an offense designed to scheme receivers open.

Is the talent THAT BAD that it can’t be done?

Yes, we did run the ball ok but when you get sacked 5 times and do not have time to get rid of the football you cannot score and those runs are negated. We also have no WRs that can get open besides Adams.
Not buying the "nobody open" thing anymore. The announcers were showing open guys.

Nationally televised games are very emotional. The early fumble and quick score for them really seemed to take it out of us right from the get-go. It seemed like every time we made a mistake or misstep SanFran capitalized on it. From Linsley getting his ass handed to him in the 1st quarter to King turning inside out by a TE, 49ers were on it. We averaged 4.2 yards a carry. Not bad. We had the ball 10 more minutes than they did. Not bad. But on the flip side: our special teams are horrible. JK Scott has regressed after a great start and our return teams couldn't start a spark in a California forest. (too early?)
Anyway, watching your team get punched in the face on National TV sucks. Hard to swallow even though we're 8-3.

Going forward....I'd like to see a little more tempo on offense. Rodgers has lost all rythm. 1-2-3-throw. Just let it go, because holding it is disaster. Plus, we do have WRs open, check your ego at the door and throw into the middle of the field once and a while. If you have a chance to rewatch this or the Chargers game you'll notice he hardly EVER throws between the numbers anymore. Everything is outside.

Nationally televised games are very emotional. The early fumble and quick score for them really seemed to take it out of us right from the get-go. It seemed like every time we made a mistake or misstep SanFran capitalized on it. From Linsley getting his ass handed to him in the 1st quarter to King turning inside out by a TE, 49ers were on it. We averaged 4.2 yards a carry. Not bad. We had the ball 10 more minutes than they did. Not bad. But on the flip side: our special teams are horrible. JK Scott has regressed after a great start and our return teams couldn't start a spark in a California forest. (too early?)
Anyway, watching your team get punched in the face on National TV sucks. Hard to swallow even though we're 8-3.

Going forward....I'd like to see a little more tempo on offense. Rodgers has lost all rythm. 1-2-3-throw. Just let it go, because holding it is disaster. Plus, we do have WRs open, check your ego at the door and throw into the middle of the field once and a while. If you have a chance to rewatch this or the Chargers game you'll notice he hardly EVER throws between the numbers anymore. Everything is outside.
Not saying he is, but if he’s avoiding the middle of the field to protect his TD/INT ratio for the record books, I’d be very disappointed.

I hate sounding like a repetitive prick because that's not my intent here. Did you all watch the Niners offense ???

Good... because that's what ML is trying to build. Please stop with we need to hurry up... we need tempo. NO!! How about Mr. Rodgers takes the play..calls it in the huddle on 2 and snaps the damn ball?? Holy snowball what a concept.

Please stop with the hut 283 hut hut HUT HUT.... Long count I want a cheap 5 BS and snap the friggin ball Aaron. Did you see SF do that ?? No? Because it's 1-2-3 and run the play. Everyone here last night..... The TE is WIDE open!!! wideeye))

Guess why(besides the fact King couldn't cover his shadow) Play action ! Rather then step back..... look for #17 and chuck the ball at him...Rodgers needs to run the damn offense. Coach ML needs to tell Gute and Murphy..you see that offense? That what we want here. Get me the players and give me the authority to put my @#!@ up AR #$$ because we can't run it his way.

Back