Post Game: Tampa Takes GB To The Woodshed 38-10

I must admit after watching the tape, AR had a really bad day. I realize there was pressure on him but there were times where there were guys open and he just did not throw on time.

Example: The pick 6. He had Malik Taylor wide open over the middle but he stared Adams down and threw off his back foot hence the INT.

It definitely was not all AR's fault but if he plays the way he has been playing the first 4 games, the game is a lot closer and I think we pull out the win.

Having said that, our defense is still a shit show. :)

I must admit after watching the tape, AR had a really bad day. I realize there was pressure on him but there were times where there were guys open and he just did not throw on time.

Example: The pick 6. He had Malik Taylor wide open over the middle but he stared Adams down and threw off his back foot hence the INT.

It definitely was not all AR's fault but if he plays the way he has been playing the first 4 games, the game is a lot closer and I think we pull out the win.

Having said that, our defense is still a shit show. :)
Rodgers relies to much on his #1 WR always has always will. When his #1 WR is out he plays better because then he has no choice but to throw to other WR's. When the #1 is playing he then can force the ball to him as much as he wants too.

Rodgers relies to much on his #1 WR always has always will. When his #1 WR is out he plays better because then he has no choice but to throw to other WR's. When the #1 is playing he then can force the ball to him as much as he wants too.
When 17 was out the production shifted to TE and RB, other WR still had separation issues

When 17 was out the production shifted to TE and RB, other WR still had separation issues
Still he focuses to much on his #1 he does it with Adam's and did it with Nelson.

Still he focuses to much on his #1 he does it with Adam's and did it with Nelson.
you think its because no other WR can get separation on a consistent level? Sure I get the trust thing but its not like its Rice and Taylor out there

you think its because no other WR can get separation on a consistent level? Sure I get the trust thing but its not like its Rice and Taylor out there
Then how does he do so well when Adams is out spreading it around? I just think Rodgers has a security blanket issue with his #1 and rather force it to him even in coverage despite going to other guys who might be open because he trusts Adams more to catch the ball or at least not cause it to be picked. Well that did not work well Sunday one Rodgers let the DB totally read the pass and the other Adams caused the pick.

Then how does he do so well when Adams is out spreading it around? I just think Rodgers has a security blanket issue with his #1 and rather force it to him even in coverage despite going to other guys who might be open because he trusts Adams more to catch the ball or at least not cause it to be picked. Well that did not work well Sunday one Rodgers let the DB totally read the pass and the other Adams caused the pick.
Week 1. Adams 14 for 156 rest of WR 8 for 159. Offense put up 43
Week 2. Adams 3 for 36, got injured rest of WR 6 for 109,
Week 3 / 4 did not play
Week 6 Adams 6 for 61, rest of WR 4 for 48

I think he did ok in Week 1....on the Pick 6 DB jumped the route, it happens. Issue is other than Lazard there is not 1 WR on the roster I would trust

honestly, i don't think adams gets any more separation than the other receivers. i think rodgers feels more confident that adams will be exactly where he's supposed to be, has reliable hands, and will fight for the catch. and because of that confidence, he's willing to throw the ball into tighter coverage. both rodgers and adams had a bad day. but it was indeed the worst performance of rodgers' career. and i stand by my statement that the packers offense plays better without adams. two years in a row now.

honestly, i don't think adams gets any more separation than the other receivers. i think rodgers feels more confident that adams will be exactly where he's supposed to be, has reliable hands, and will fight for the catch. and because of that confidence, he's willing to throw the ball into tighter coverage. both rodgers and adams had a bad day. but it was indeed the worst performance of rodgers' career. and i stand by my statement that the packers offense plays better without adams. two years in a row now.
Adams is by far the best route runner on the roster, its not even close. Are they better without him? no

He caught 83 for 997 in only 12 games last year and the 4 weeks he was out the offense only passed for over 270 yds once...the difference? we ran the ball effectively. He is a top 5 WR, big body in the red zone and as I said best route runner on the team by a larger margin.

Adams is by far the best route runner on the roster, its not even close. Are they better without him? no

He caught 83 for 997 in only 12 games last year and the 4 weeks he was out the offense only passed for over 270 yds once...the difference? we ran the ball effectively. He is a top 5 WR, big body in the red zone and as I said best route runner on the team by a larger margin.

i understand that he is the best receiver we have. but i also know that we are undefeated over the past 21 regular season games when he is not in the line-up. we are not undefeated when he is on the field.

Back