Post Game Thread: GB defeats TN 40-14

Hey look, one solid win against a top team and the homer patrol is on parade here ggg(gopackgo:D, seriously if you can't talk about the teams flaws or not take exception to it you might be better served elsewhere.

GB still has to win this week and take care of business in the playoffs before we talk SB, until then KC is the champion until someone knocks the king off the mountain. I personally think Buffalo or Baltimore could beat them though.
Winner)

other than kc, which team has fewer flaws than the packers? anyone in the nfc?

the saints? i don't think so. brees is wildly inconsistent. he looked like crap against the vikings and he was lucky he had a career game by kamara to bail him out.

the bucs? the saints beat them twice. they struggled and lost to the bears and the rams - two teams that might not make the playoffs.

as for struggling and losing - the packers have only struggled and lost to the vikings (a division game) and the colts (one of five 10-5 teams in the afc). their only other loss was a blowout where rodgers played perhaps the worst game of his career (35.4 qb rating). that 35.4 passer rating was so bad that he would have had a better passer rating from spiking each snap into the turf (39.6). an outlier for sure.

but you fail to mention other games where they struggled and won. against the saints, they were behind at the end of the third quarter, but had a strong fourth quarter to win. against the jags, they really struggled and yet they took the lead in the final minutes of the fourth quarter. they have faced adversity in several games where it looked like their opponent was getting momentum late in the game, like the week 14 win against the lions, but they have withstood those challenges and held on to win. there have been enough cases where the team has shown resilience that i don't think you can definitively say that the packers can't struggle and win.

i think the packers have as good a chance as any other nfc team of getting to the super bowl. it will come down to who they face in the playoffs, and which team has the better game plan. i'm hoping the ml learned enough from the game against the bucs that he can come up with a better game plan. because i'm pretty sure they are the only team standing between the packers and the super bowl.
Last I checked Seattle was in the NFC and is sitting at 11-4 and might be a little more balanced than GB. Do they have flaws? sure, especially at RB but they are better on the defensive side of the ball. They get to the QB, excellent vs the run can defend the field. Not an ideal matchup

Solid win against a real good team. You have to hope they are peaking at the right time here and don't run out of steam.
lets not go out on the "GB is peaking limb". its one game after a mediocre performance vs Carolina at home

seriously if you can't talk about the teams flaws or not take exception to it you might be better served elsewhere.

i think i've talked about the team's flaws as much as anyone on this forum. primarily pettine and his crappy defense and our incompetent general manager who is horrible at talent evaluation.

Hey look, one solid win against a top team and the homer patrol is on parade here ggg(gopackgo:D, seriously if you can't talk about the teams flaws or not take exception to it you might be better served elsewhere.

GB still has to win this week and take care of business in the playoffs before we talk SB, until then KC is the champion until someone knocks the king off the mountain. I personally think Buffalo or Baltimore could beat them though.
Well, count me in as part of the "Homer Patrol". I like what I'm seeing and have enjoyed this season many more weeks than not!

We're all pretty much aware of the flaws. Inconsistency is my largest concern and that we lay an egg come January. (Is this the real D that we saw and can this D get us there? Will Rodgers have another stinker against a good D like he did against TB?) Don't read too much into those who get excited. There's a lot of friendships here. And we're in the thick of things, we're excited, we love this forum and don't feel that we "might be better served elsewhere"! :)

Actually only the 2nd team Pack has beaten with a winning record.We should save the parade for the welcome home from Tampa ! ;):D
We're actually 3-2 against teams with winning records, and 9-1 against the rest. Not in a parade, but had to throw a little positive spin on it, Spinner! cowboy(

Don't know if it was mentioned. But Aaron Jones broke the 1K mark for back to back seasons. He needs only 23 yards to set a career high for him. All while missing 2 games this year.

Back