Post Game Thread: GB defeats TN 40-14

yes. alexander, amos and savage are all playing well. i wish king would get his $#!+ together.

and pff has gary ranked as 11th out of 120 eligible edge rushers in terms of pass rush productivity, which is an efficiency metric that measures the rate at which a pass-rusher generates a pressure and is weighted more heavily towards sacks.

also krys barnes is looking like one of the ilbs that we needed. what an undrafted gem he's turned out to be.

and of course there's the smith brothers and clark.

this is not a defense that is devoid of talent.
I really liked King when we drafted him because we needed a CB so bad but he's so injury prone and so hit and miss when on the field. Moving down and passing on Watt for King was Ted's last big blunder.

Granted. We don't have a lot of super stars on defense. But, what we do have is players that are showing signs of finally getting the idea of what's expected of them. They're playing at a slightly higher level than what we expected based on past performance.

Now that might not sound like much, but each step forward that they make as a group is huge, as far as how well the defense performs. The decision to finally put so much on the plates of our CBs, and safeties, says that the front 7 gets it, and is doing what needs to be done so those guys in the back don't get hung out to dry.

Based on the fears I saw early in the season, I'm kind of struck by the gains that have happened. It's nice to see production like we're getting lately. It's energizing for even the offense.

Well not a fan of PFF but do agree Gary has played well. He’s more consistent. Void of talent no, but only 2 playmakers are Z Smith and Alexander....maybe Clark
savage is getting there. he's tied for fifth in the nfl for interceptions and tied for 13th in passes defended. he leads the packers in both categories.

savage is getting there. he's tied for fifth in the nfl for interceptions and tied for 13th in passes defended. he leads the packers in both categories.
He’s a bit quicker than I thought, but best secondary guy is clearly Alexander

He’s a bit quicker than I thought, but best secondary guy is clearly Alexander
i agree with alexander being the best. some qbs won't even pass in his direction. and if i'm being honest, maybe amos is better than savage at this point in time. but savage is improving and i think amos has pretty much hit his peak. i was shocked that we didn't bring tramon back this year, but it seems like we have a very good secondary.

the announcers talked about it a couple times last night, but i hope pettine saw it with his own eyes - the packers were far more effective playing five guys on the line and fewer guys in the secondary (and blitzing more often) than what they have been doing for most of the season.

the packers were far more effective playing five guys on the line and fewer guys in the secondary (and blitzing more often) than what they have been doing for most of the season.
And that’s a 2 edge sword. You get a team who has 2 WR with some ability and a RB who can catch its not ideal. Alexander is the only guy who I trust in man coverage vs a blitz. It’s fine vs Tennessee/ Henry, not sure if works as well vs Tampa or NOLA

And that’s a 2 edge sword. You get a team who has 2 WR with some ability and a RB who can catch its not ideal. Alexander is the only guy who I trust in man coverage vs a blitz. It’s fine vs Tennessee/ Henry, not sure if works as well vs Tampa or NOLA
but if you get consistent pressure and qbs have to get rid of the ball faster, it makes it easier for the secondary to cover. i get that it isn't perfect, but when it has been evident that 3 and 4 man defensive lines have not been effective for the packers, maybe it is time to try something different.

but if you get consistent pressure and qbs have to get rid of the ball faster, it makes it easier for the secondary to cover. i get that it isn't perfect, but when it has been evident that 3 and 4 man defensive lines have not been effective for the packers, maybe it is time to try something different.
If you get consistent pressure fine but we don’t sans Z Smith. And it’s Tannehill. I get it

If you get consistent pressure fine but we don’t sans Z Smith. And it’s Tannehill. I get it
tannehill has a 106.7 qb rating this year and leads an offense that was the highest scoring up until yesterday. it's not like he's chopped liver.

tannehill has a 106.7 qb rating this year and leads an offense that was the highest scoring up until yesterday. it's not like he's chopped liver.
And it’s predicted on Harris running wild and play action. When we got up 19-0 even 19-14 once we stopped the run, they became on dimensional and he’s not going to beat you with his arm

Back