Post Game Thread: GB defeats TN 40-14

Granted. We don't have a lot of super stars on defense. But, what we do have is players that are showing signs of finally getting the idea of what's expected of them. They're playing at a slightly higher level than what we expected based on past performance.

Now that might not sound like much, but each step forward that they make as a group is huge, as far as how well the defense performs. The decision to finally put so much on the plates of our CBs, and safeties, says that the front 7 gets it, and is doing what needs to be done so those guys in the back don't get hung out to dry.

Based on the fears I saw early in the season, I'm kind of struck by the gains that have happened. It's nice to see production like we're getting lately. It's energizing for even the offense.
Could it be that "on field communication" is finally reaching an acceptable level?

savage is getting there. he's tied for fifth in the nfl for interceptions and tied for 13th in passes defended. he leads the packers in both categories.

just ran across this on twitter: "According to PFF, Darnell Savage is the NFL's highest-graded safety since Week 10. Savage has allowed a "whopping" 2.3 passer rating when targeted since Week 10... I didn't even know a passer rating could be so low."

another tidbit from pff: "Highest-graded edge defenders in Week 16 prior to MNF:

Randy Gregory - 94.6
Chase Young - 93.7
Rashan Gary - 90.7
Sam Hubbard - 90.3
Cameron Jordan - 90.3"

With 4️⃣ TD passes on Sunday night, Aaron Rodgers now has 218 for his career at Lambeau Field, breaking his tie with Brett Favre (214) for the stadium record.

#GoPackGo

With 4️⃣ TD passes on Sunday night, Aaron Rodgers now has 218 for his career at Lambeau Field, breaking his tie with Brett Favre (214) for the stadium record.

#GoPackGo

must be tough watching those records get eclipsed. at least he still has the record for most interceptions in lambeau. (sorry, brett. i couldn't resist).

That’s fair but the flaws are not that bad.
But they have
And for the Chiefs it’s been a struggle. They haven’t had a double digit win in the last 7 or 8 games. Yesterday vs ATL they looked bad.
A. Your first point is a matter of opinion, 1 complete game a champion does not make. Admitting you have flaws and correcting them is the first step toward greatness.
B. They struggle yet win, when we struggled vs Tampa and Indy we did not. That's the difference. Championship teams find ways to win on days they struggle.

But they have

A. Your first point is a matter of opinion, 1 complete game a champion does not make. Admitting you have flaws and correcting them is the first step toward greatness.
B. They struggle yet win, when we struggled vs Tampa and Indy we did not. That's the difference. Championship teams find ways to win on days they struggle.
Kinda splitting hairs here. KC is a damn good team that got lucky a few times this year. GB has had its share of luck as well and is also a damn good team. The defense has improved dramatically in the last 5-6 weeks. If the packers would have struggled against ATL or Denver like KC did this board would blow up with reasons the Pack isn’t a championship caliber team. No team is perfect and at this point the Pack appears to be peaking at the right time.

other than kc, which team has fewer flaws than the packers? anyone in the nfc?

the saints? i don't think so. brees is wildly inconsistent. he looked like crap against the vikings and he was lucky he had a career game by kamara to bail him out.

the bucs? the saints beat them twice. they struggled and lost to the bears and the rams - two teams that might not make the playoffs.

as for struggling and losing - the packers have only struggled and lost to the vikings (a division game) and the colts (one of five 10-5 teams in the afc). their only other loss was a blowout where rodgers played perhaps the worst game of his career (35.4 qb rating). that 35.4 passer rating was so bad that he would have had a better passer rating from spiking each snap into the turf (39.6). an outlier for sure.

but you fail to mention other games where they struggled and won. against the saints, they were behind at the end of the third quarter, but had a strong fourth quarter to win. against the jags, they really struggled and yet they took the lead in the final minutes of the fourth quarter. they have faced adversity in several games where it looked like their opponent was getting momentum late in the game, like the week 14 win against the lions, but they have withstood those challenges and held on to win. there have been enough cases where the team has shown resilience that i don't think you can definitively say that the packers can't struggle and win.

i think the packers have as good a chance as any other nfc team of getting to the super bowl. it will come down to who they face in the playoffs, and which team has the better game plan. i'm hoping the ml learned enough from the game against the bucs that he can come up with a better game plan. because i'm pretty sure they are the only team standing between the packers and the super bowl.

Hey look, one solid win against a top team and the homer patrol is on parade here ggg(gopackgo:D, seriously if you can't talk about the teams flaws or not take exception to it you might be better served elsewhere.

GB still has to win this week and take care of business in the playoffs before we talk SB, until then KC is the champion until someone knocks the king off the mountain. I personally think Buffalo or Baltimore could beat them though.

Back