Post Game Thread: GB defeats TN 40-14

What a fun game! I love seeing a player develop and take a giant leap forward like Dillon did. It was fun watching his confidence grow, and that little moment he had with Rodgers. A very complete offense; but like Packinatl implied, it would be nice to see another WR step out of Adams shadow.

The defense held the number ONE scoring offense to 14 points. Maybe they're better than I've thought? Great game plan by Pettine.

Now let's go into Soldier Field, have another complete game to beat da Bears - and get that bye and make other teams have to come through Lambeau in winter! Man, I wish we had fans in attendance...

They are role players. Adams is the Alpha.
Question is, does ML like it this way?
guys like Lazard and ESB help the running game because of their size and run blocking ability.
Good point Danno. They have been tremendous blockers all year.

guys like Lazard and ESB help the running game because of their size and run blocking ability.
Lazard is a very good blocking WR but any coach wants options.

He’s making it work with those guys and getting what he can out of them, but the fact that they are WR and their biggest addition to the offense is blocking isn’t ideal. It was only a week ago that Carolina was able to more or less take Adams out of the game and no one else was there to step up. It hurts to think about this offense with Lamb or Higgins as a #2 but that’s neither here nor there.

Tonyan’s breakout year may impact the need for another WR, and if Deguara comes back healthy, he can be a factor as well.
Both those players give ML options in both passing and running situations.
But drafting a compliment WR to Adams does make sense.
Glad to see Tonyan develop but last night was 1 catch for 17 yards. He is a good red zone threat but so was Richard Rodgers. I’d like to see more down after down production.

Question though how much is it on our WR's not named Adams and that Rodgers will not go ot anyone else? We have seen when Adams has been hurt that Rodgers will spread the ball around a lot more. When Rodgers had Adams like Jordy Nelson it becomes his security blanket that he will go to again and again.

Glad to see Tonyan develop but last night was 1 catch for 17 yards. He is a good red zone threat but so was Richard Rodgers. I’d like to see more down after down production.
Tonyan goes into the last game of the season needing 1 TD to tie and 2 TD to break the Packers record of most TD's in a season by a TE held by Paul Coffmann.

Back