Post Game Thread: GB defeats TN 40-14

Glad to see Tonyan develop but last night was 1 catch for 17 yards. He is a good red zone threat but so was Richard Rodgers. I’d like to see more down after down production.
That one catch performance could entail several factors and not be related to Ton-of-Fun Bob’s abilities.
Even the Great Kelce has a low catch game from time to time

Question though how much is it on our WR's not named Adams and that Rodgers will not go ot anyone else? We have seen when Adams has been hurt that Rodgers will spread the ball around a lot more. When Rodgers had Adams like Jordy Nelson it becomes his security blanket that he will go to again and again.
Most of the spreading around was to TE's. Sure part is the trust factor but guys have to get separation and/or make catches in traffic

Question though how much is it on our WR's not named Adams and that Rodgers will not go ot anyone else? We have seen when Adams has been hurt that Rodgers will spread the ball around a lot more. When Rodgers had Adams like Jordy Nelson it becomes his security blanket that he will go to again and again.
i do think that there is some of that. i think rodgers may be trying to help adams make up for the games he missed so he can lead the league. there's only two guys ahead of him in number of catches and only two guys ahead of him in number of yards (one of those is a tight end). i don't think he can catch kelce and hopkins in number of yards, but it is possible he could surpass hopkins and diggs in number of catches in the final week.

it is extremely obvious to everyone that rodgers and adams have a deep connection. they almost always seem to be on the same wavelength and read the defenses the same way. it is special to watch it in action.

mvs and esb both seem very limited in their abilities, but can occasionally make defenses pay for putting the wrong coverage. lazard seems to be more well-rounded and in some games it seems like he is getting a better idea of what rodgers wants. in others, the connection just doesn't seem to be there.

Packers had a balanced, complete game, blowout win and we are talking about the negatives. Rodgers had 4 incompletions. Lazard has stepped up when called on. Tonyan has been consistent all year. We’re they great last night, no but this offense is the number one scoring offense in the league and it isn’t only Adams that got them there. Last week someone said this offense was average talent. They have half the offense on the pro bowl roster. The only problem I saw last night was special teams. Too many return yards and botched kicks. I’ll give that a pass due to the weather.

So that's what a complete game looks like. Whoda thunk?

Studs: There are too many for me to name individually. The team came to play.

Disagree with calling Crosby a dud. Yes, he missed the extra point and that was a dud. I don't blame the blocked field goal on him. He was solid except for those two dud plays.

Shoot, even Rodgers threw an interception. I don't see anyone calling him a dud.

I was very surprised by the defensive play. They looked sharp. They appeared to be disciplined except for when Tannihill ran for the TD.

IMO no team is playing perfectly. Even the Chiefs did not look like themselves for part of their game.

They really played well. Now it's on to da Bears. That is going to be a tough game depending on how Trubisky plays.

But like ML said. Let's enjoy this for a 'minute' and then start preparing for the Bears.

GOPACKGO

Packers had a balanced, complete game, blowout win and we are talking about the negatives. Rodgers had 4 incompletions. Lazard has stepped up when called on. Tonyan has been consistent all year. We’re they great last night, no but this offense is the number one scoring offense in the league and it isn’t only Adams that got them there. Last week someone said this offense was average talent. They have half the offense on the pro bowl roster. The only problem I saw last night was special teams. Too many return yards and botched kicks. I’ll give that a pass due to the weather.
It’s not negatives it’s being realistic that this team has flaws like every other team. Nothing wrong with that.

Davante Adams has 17 receiving TDs

Most in a season since Rob Gronkowski had 17 in 2011

If Adams does not miss the games he was out he is challenging the league record of 23 set by Randy Moss I think. Adams will need 1 TD and 2 TDs to break the team record of 18 by Sharpe.

Back