Post Game Thread: New England defeats Green Bay

I think differently. He has seemed even more committed this year and if anything reminds me.of Favre under Sherman.....time running out and pressing more cuz of lack of talent and having to do it all.

Mechanics wise injuries do seem to have taken a toll on those this year and maybe age.
It's kind of ironic how its playing out like Favre's end of career. Karma maybe.

Yes and remember that as well as discussions we have had here on that ;)

On the other hand there have been a few exceptions. Tomlin and coach B come to mind :)

MM is NOT them!

I'd argue Tomlin is getting stale too.

Apathy has set in for me.

I'm trying to look on the bright side. Top 12 or so first round pick along with top 25-27 or so draft pick from Saints. Rodgers, A.Jones, pretty damn good receivers, Clark and Daniels on DLine, foundation for good secondary. Draft LB, OLine and safety. AND god willing a new coach.

This is a soft rebuild that should have started two years earlier. Overcoming the 15 and 16 drafts is going to take another year or two of player acquisition. I like the '18 class so far. Now if we could get a new HC and offensive system we are set.

We're past the time of a soft rebuild unfortunately. Our key players are old and over paid...CM, Cobb, Bulaga, Daniels is on the edge of that also. Spent a ton of picks on front 7, yet there is basically Martinez and Clark to show for it.
We spent a bunch of picks on Secondary only to let them go, cut, or traded and had to once again spend picks there this last draft and most likely a high pick on Safety again.

On Offense we went from having one of the best O Lines to average at best after Tretter, Lang, and Sitton all gone and replaced by what?

WRs went from Jennings, Driver, Cobb to now basically Adams and who?

TE lost Finley even though not a huge fan, blows away anything have had since.

Look what is behind our starters for depth....not much.

Rodgers has carried this team and made up and covered up a lot of woes, but at 35 has taken a beating and might not be what he once was which is still elite, but unrealistic to expect him to have perfect games every week. As all QBs he needs help and weapons.

True dat. This is about as big a rebuild as you get without needing a QB... And even then GB needs to find Arods succeksor

The Saints might be a good example of how things can be turned around and how long it takes. The Saints wallowed in mediocrity with a HOF QB from 2014-16. They needed to rebuild certain areas of their team and it seems it took about 3 years. They were pretty much there last year, and this year they look like legitimate Super Bowl contenders.

If they are any indication it'll take until 2021 to get back to where we need to be. I consider this to be year 1 since it's clear to me that Gute is cleaning out TT's dead wood. The only glaring personnel issue for me so far is trading a potentially competent safety for a mediocre back-up QB.

The Saints might be a good example of how things can be turned around and how long it takes. The Saints wallowed in mediocrity with a HOF QB from 2014-16. They needed to rebuild certain areas of their team and it seems it took about 3 years. They were pretty much there last year, and this year they look like legitimate Super Bowl contenders.

If they are any indication it'll take until 2021 to get back to where we need to be. I consider this to be year 1 since it's clear to me that Gute is cleaning out TT's dead wood. The only glaring personnel issue for me so far is trading a potentially competent safety for a mediocre back-up QB.

This post gives me hope. Hopefully Gutey can make the right moves and get this thing built right.

Back