Post Game Thread ~ Packers Defeat Raiders 42-24

Gruden and Carr are a very good duo. Not many teams have that good of a play calling/executing duo.

Today, we had one that was better.

World's greatest homestead ends with a big win over Oakland.

Big D turnovers and some bad Oakland O in the red zone help make a competitive game a blowout. Turnovers can kill.

Clark injured his shin, came back in. I suspect his leg is bothering him. He is not playing well and its affecting th run D in a big way. Team's still double him.

Oakland was was doubling the Smiths and daring Clark/Lowry/Lancaster to beat them inside. Decisive win for Oakland there.

RB/FB set the tone and did the heavy lifting ... Wasn't until after lead was 2 TD that the WR got going cause of the space caused by RBs.. Arod seems much more comfortable in this scheme than he has in years..

Still need big upgrades at WR...

But the rest is very encouraging. OL is doing better than I thought. Kudos to them.

Had a bunch of home games early in the season. That helped, because our offense was still getting down with the new system.

Seems like the offense is clicking better now, hopefully ready for a bunch of road games.

Come out of these 4 next road games at least 2-2 and go into the bye. 10 games should put us in the playoffs. A bye week in the playoffs would be even better.

Cautious optimism. The Packers are playing well. Lots of home games. Something to remember, in the back of our minds. The Packers, with Rodgers at QB, are only a .500 team on the road over the course of his career.

I'm going to be careful what I wish for at this point. This whole thing could end up being like Kaiser Soze.

Some thoughts:

I think perhaps Arod is back.

If anyone knows any miracle healers, please send them Darnell Savage's way.

Thrilling to see a passing offense where the backs are regarded as a weapon and not just a safety valve.

In a span of about 5 minutes on the clock Packers went from looking like they would fall behind by 4 to having an 18 point lead.

MVS: Speed kills. Nice yards per catch.

Glad to see my shout comments from last week motivated ML to break out the offense. Good win. 6-1 and rolling.

Was great to hear ML in the locker room when he only gave one game ball and that went to Rodgers. Made a few passing comments alluding to heeding Budman's comments in WST shout on Monday....was sort of validating

Back