Post Game Thread ~ Packers Defeat Raiders 42-24

We got Savage coming back, Ibrahim Campbell and Burks is also on the mend. We shall see. Not sure Redman ready for prime time. Young player, developmental. Next man up after Raven Greene.

But they do like Redmond and his versatility. I agree he needs more seasoning, but if they think he gets claimed off waivers, then I don't think we will see him get cut with the hope they can sign him back to PS.

Packers Like Redmond

I know this will run afoul of the Blake Boosters but you can't make that guy your long term solution at ILB either.

I've been of the opinion that the Packers pretty much needed to keep him because they have "nil" behind him. But after watching OAK abuse him and Goodsen yesterday, I'm contemplating changing my opinion.

So Martinez had 16 tackles. BFD! How many of them qualified as an STF (run stuff/no gain or loss)?
None.

If he thinks he should get a big pay day when he is getting dominated by the opposing team in both run & pass defense, then he can wish upon a star somewhere else.

Gute can use the money he may have intended to use to extent Matinez and sign another free agent ILB and then draft one of the better prospects in the 2020 draft.

I'm also disappointed in Kenny Clark so far this year. Much has been written about him and his ascending stardom, but he's been getting pushed around a lot this year as well. We saw it yesterday, in the Philly game, and also somewhat against DET. Is there some underlying cause for his underperformance that we are not privy to? Or is he just not as good as advertised?

They've got him on his 5th year option for 2020, but I'd want to be real sure about him before you throw $80M or more at him.

I've been of the opinion that the Packers pretty much needed to keep him because they have "nil" behind him. But after watching OAK abuse him and Goodsen yesterday, I'm contemplating changing my opinion.

So Martinez had 16 tackles. BFD! How many of them qualified as an STF (run stuff/no gain or loss)?
None.

If he thinks he should get a big pay day when he is getting dominated by the opposing team in both run & pass defense, then he can wish upon a star somewhere else.

Gute can use the money he may have intended to use to extent Matinez and sign another free agent ILB and then draft one of the better prospects in the 2020 draft.

I'm also disappointed in Kenny Clark so far this year. Much has been written about him and his ascending stardom, but he's been getting pushed around a lot this year as well. We saw it yesterday, in the Philly game, and also somewhat against DET. Is there some underlying cause for his underperformance that we are not privy to? Or is he just not as good as advertised?

They've got him on his 5th year option for 2020, but I'd want to be real sure about him before you throw $80M or more at him.

I agree to a certain extent, Danno; however, let's look at this in perspective.

On one hand, we do not have anyone behind Martinez. He is also a good leader of the D and does make alot of calls. That would be missed.

On the other hand, you are correct in that he does not make a ton of splash plays and IMO he is not worth 10M he will probably command. I do not see us finding a great ILB in FA next year. It will have to be via draft.

Clark has been playing hurt, I think. It sounds like a calf and a knee. I do agree that he has not played consistently this year, especially against good offensive lineman.

I agree with RP that Greene is sorely missed. But he is not the long term answer either. He is a a good utility player but we need a stud ILB. If we can find one, this D will elevate huge, IMO.

Bears ILB Nick Kwiatkoski is a free agent in 2020.
I’d give him consideration as a free agent signing and (agree) draft a prospect fairly early as well.

Also, look for another hybrid S/LB like they have in Raven Greene.

Cautious optimism. The Packers are playing well. Lots of home games. Something to remember, in the back of our minds. The Packers, with Rodgers at QB, are only a .500 team on the road over the course of his career.

I'm going to be careful what I wish for at this point. This whole thing could end up being like Kaiser Soze.

Keaton always said, "I don't believe in God, but I'm afraid of him.". Well, I believe in God and the only thing that scares me is Keyser Soze.

Cautious optimism. The Packers are playing well. Lots of home games. Something to remember, in the back of our minds. The Packers, with Rodgers at QB, are only a .500 team on the road over the course of his career.

I'm going to be careful what I wish for at this point. This whole thing could end up being like Kaiser Soze.
Smart. Several teams started out strong and failed miserably in the second half. The most recent two off the top of my head were the 2016 Vikings who started out 5-0 and the 2015 Falcons who also started out 5-0 and had a 6-1 record like us. Both finished at 8-8. Six of the Packers remaining nine games are away, and against opponents with a combined record above .500 (30-28). Plus final three games are all against NFC North opponents making for a tough finish!

Smart. Several teams started out strong and failed miserably in the second half. The most recent two off the top of my head were the 2016 Vikings who started out 5-0 and the 2015 Falcons who also started out 5-0 and had a 6-1 record like us. Both finished at 8-8. Six of the Packers remaining nine games are away, and against opponents with a combined record above .500 (30-28). Plus final three games are all against NFC North opponents making for a tough finish!

Exactly!

Six of the Packers remaining nine games are away, and against opponents with a combined record above .500 (30-28). Plus final three games are all against NFC North opponents making for a tough finish!

realistically, i can see us losing three or four of the remaining games.

Back