Post Game Thread Packers Defeat Skins 35-18

Not to be Debbie downer but the pack put up 35 points on the worst defensive team in the playoffs. It will take a herculean effort to beat Arizona.

Rodgers was really just ok today. Less than 60% completions and he missed bad at times.

Yes, it gets harder. But if people don't mind I'd like to take 24 hours to enjoy this. The Pack showed improvement, yes? After a horrible first quarter against the wind I believe Arod was something like 20-28. After a tough start Tretter actually played some of the better play we've seen at LT. Defense gave up less than 17 points again! They ran the ball a little better and turned it around after that terrible first quarter. We stopped the hottest QB in the league over the last month- YOU LIKE THAT!

It's easy to predict doom and gloom and considering only one team will win it all- you'll be right! But I'm going to enjoy a one week reprieve. We finally looked GOOD on national TV.

Yes, next week will be a daunting task. Like R Man said "what's the alternative?" You never know. That's why we play the games. We are NOT one and done! "So you're saying there's a chance!"

Game ball to Tretter. From what I heard on the radio and saw at home in the 4th quarter, he kept Aaron clean almost all night, and gave him time to find targets. The whole line played a key role, but JC had A-Rod's blind side and he stepped up and did the job.

I didn't see the second half (got to go see Star Wars finally!) so I can't say anything about the game as a whole...

Looks like they finally woke up at the end of the third quarter and outlasted WAS...

Nice confidence boost. And good on them to grind out the win. I didn't think they'd be able to go into WAS and win.

They woke up in the second quarter when AR connected with Jones on a dart over the middle. They were winning at halftime, surrendered the lead on Wash's opening drive of second half but then took over the game. Maybe it's just semantics but I hardly call a 17 pt road win 'outlasting' :)

My biggest take away is the obvious attitude adjustment that the offense carried after the first quarter.

Sure they still misfired on a few things, and Rodgers missed some wide open receivers, but he was bouncing around, engaged with teammates on the sideline, and not the mopey muff we'd seen recently. Not after the first few drives anyway.

They woke up in the second quarter when AR connected with Jones on a dart over the middle. They were winning at halftime, surrendered the lead on Wash's opening drive of second half but then took over the game. Maybe it's just semantics but I hardly call a 17 pt road win 'outlasting' :)

Ya tomatoe tomato... :)

But when you don't get the lead back until 4 minutes left in the third, I'll go with outlasting .... :D

Yes, it gets harder. But if people don't mind I'd like to take 24 hours to enjoy this. The Pack showed improvement, yes? After a horrible first quarter against the wind I believe Arod was something like 20-28. After a tough start Tretter actually played some of the better play we've seen at LT. Defense gave up less than 17 points again! They ran the ball a little better and turned it around after that terrible first quarter. We stopped the hottest QB in the league over the last month- YOU LIKE THAT!

It's easy to predict doom and gloom and considering only one team will win it all- you'll be right! But I'm going to enjoy a one week reprieve. We finally looked GOOD on national TV.

Yes, next week will be a daunting task. Like R Man said "what's the alternative?" You never know. That's why we play the games. We are NOT one and done! "So you're saying there's a chance!"

Hey, take all the time you want to enjoy it. I actually feel good for folks during the season that say "can't we just be happy that _____?". I'm just not one of them. With me, the downer today is that I have to get prepared to pay attention to the playoffs again. I'd pretty much written them off prior to the game, and even with the relatively small lead Washington had, it was 'obvious' that the Pack was playing the same kind of ball they had been since the bye. Ergo, I'd settled back into my 'anybody but Seattle and New England' mode and was looking ahead to later this year. After the run of 'oops' years, I was definitely in the 'fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me, fool me over and over, I'll believe it when I see it' corner.

And, even now, the view from the dark side isn't all that impressive. Your last paragraph is spot on, but the question marks are many, mostly some kind of 'if he/they could be that good in that time-frame, why did they look so bad for so long? The acceptable performances late in a lot of games was understandable as the other guys protected a lead. Seeing the passing game start out as miserably as it did, and then do a 180 for the last 3/4 was mind-boggling. It also begs the question of What Happened? Sure, they were against the wind, but they were in the second half, too, and did fine. Certainly agree that Tretter held up well, but (a) is that because #94 from Washington is a dud and (b) if not, what took the coaching staff this long to figure out the answer?

Oh well, they did win, they'll play again, and I'll still be looking for them to stick another dagger in me. :) However, unlike folks who counter us Negative Nellies during the season with "how would you like to be a Browns, Jaguars, et. al. fan?", those franchises don't rip your heart out - the Vikings, on the other hand...:)

The way the game started all I could think of was, here we go again. But they seemed to settle down. I thought that Tretter did a pretty decent job after a very poor start. It was so good to see receivers catching the ball and the RB's getting some good yardage. "So that's what it feels like to put a pretty decent game together." Was nice to see the interchange between MM and AR.

It will be a very daunting task to get by AZ so like Dubz said, I'm going to enjoy this for a while.

... It also begs the question of What Happened? Sure, they were against the wind, but they were in the second half, too, and did fine. ...:)

if you take some time to review the plays you will see that the vast majority of yardage that they gained in the second half while playing against the wind was rushing the ball. and once they got the 14 point lead, they went back to doing almost nothing on offense, and playing prevent on defense. a couple of really nice individual efforts by the defense while playing "prevent" kept the skins from getting back into the game.

The one thing that always boggles my mind is, "Why MM never goes for the throat"? It's always prevent defense and just run the ball. I get that they don't want to take the chance to turn the ball over, but Lacy fumbled the ball on one of his runs anyway. If memory serves they didn't give the ball to WA when they should have...I can't remember.

Back