Post Game Thread Packers Defeat Skins 35-18

... From the 2nd quarter until halfway through the 4th quarter they went TD, FG, TD, TD, TD. That's sort of exciting for a team who couldn't move the ball to save their life most of the season. ...

I agree with that part. it was the most exciting two quarters of football I have seen from our offense in months.

it was nice to see gunter finally get some playing time. although the circumstances that created that opportunity were not good. i still think he's better than goodson.

Point being that it's all about the O when the DEF kept the O within striking distance. Until 4 minutes left in the 3rd Q the offense only managed 17 points... Then the O managed to break it open.

Without almost 3 full Q of outstanding DEF this O would have had no chance to come back.

Credit to the D is well deserved but the Pack scored 17 unanswered points in the 2nd qtr and 18 unanswered in the 3rd/4th. They scored on 5 straight drives. The D was outstanding many times this year and gave the ball to the packers deep in enemy territory only to flounder offensively and settle for a FG. This time around they scored.

Bad bad news for some of you... no rah rah sis cum bah fight on to victory cheers here today... not our thing. It was a very nice win. But one win does not the playoffs make. Yup being the horses ass today... sue me. ;)

Bad bad news for some of you... no rah rah sis cum bah fight on to victory cheers here today... not our thing. It was a very nice win. But one win does not the playoffs make. Yup being the horses ass today... sue me. ;)

If you can't enjoy the wins, why watch sports? :confused:

Way I look at it, they did a number of things yesterday that I knew they were probably capable of, but did not think they had it in them to accomplish. There are a lot of things they need to do next week that (again) I know they're capable of, but do not think they have it in them to accomplish. If they did it yesterday, then it's possible they can do it again - although speaking objctively, the list of things they have to pull of next week is longer and harder than what they had to do yesterday.

Still... any given Sunday. I don't expect them to win, but the way they pulled the game off last night earned them the benefit of the doubt as far as I'm concerned. I won't rule them out, but I sure won't predict a victory either.

Oh I do enjoy the win ... but the negative Nancy thing bugs the crap out of me. Because someone breaks down the game and brings to light some not so good things doesn't mean they are not "true fans" or "negative"

Oh, Ok. Yeah, it certainly fair game to point out the plusses and minuses. You'd have to really nitpick to complain about much in yesterday's game though, sans the first quarter.

I certainly don't expect to win in Arizona. To be honest, I didn't feel really good about the Packers winning this one, so it was a lot of fun that they proved me wrong. I feel really bad for fans who watch a game like that and say "Woop-dee-do! They'll never beat Arizona!" But I would never say those people aren't real fans. I might wonder why they watch sports when it's clearly not fun for them, but they are true fans.

Back