Post game Thread : Rams Defeat Green Bay 29-27

They played well enough to win. I think there were some really head scratching issues on offense. MM continues to decline. His scheme is dependent on him and often confused. He has from the beginning of the season took an eternity to get plays in. As to the safety, it is on MM. Shields stepped on the line MM should have thrown the flag Aikman spotted it why didn’t MM. then that particular play was idiotic.

Rodgers spends way too much time getting hit. This is a veteran OL. Initially I thought it was a talent issue, but increasingly with veterans and how well they sometimes play, I think it may be scheme and coaching. Anyway you cut it, you can’t have 12 hit this much.

Finally Montgomery trying to run that out is a huge deal. He is a much different player than they drafted. He is huge, slower now, and his judgement terrible. He has no second gear and is not going to break one. I get it is just one mistake, but this was a game that could have been won.

I think they played so well for 50-54 minutes, but Mike is a block head who had lived on Rodgers and Favre. The best thing that the EC could do is cut him loose and let him prove it elsewhere. I am encouraged by what MP and Gute have done here. I am completely discouraged by MM and his entire Offensive staff.

Packers are a team that should have tore down the base 3 years ago but held onto belief that they were not that far off of 2010 championship team. You had a GM that was making picks on his own without advice from anyone and often were bad fits for system and still have a HC who has been running pretty much the same offense since he got here 13 years ago with little change to it. Any team will figure how to game plan that and with no talent to support the QB and nothing to stop the other team on defense you have the mess the Packers are in today. Had we blown this team up 3 years ago and had a new GM with a different mindset in drafting perhaps we are in a postion were we have a top QB and young talent to compete for several years. Instead we have a QB nearing the end of his prime facing a several year rebuild.

If the Packers don't get above the 8-8 level, there will be a lot of decision making in the front office. They might cut McCarthy loose, and start rebuilding. Good or bad, that's where it may be heading.

If the Packers don't get above the 8-8 level, there will be a lot of decision making in the front office. They might cut McCarthy loose, and start rebuilding. Good or bad, that's where it may be heading.
I would agree in principle but you just signed #12 to deal with no flexibility for 2 more years so it’s more of a reboot than a rebuild and that’s being kind. It is what it is roster wise and the 2 #1’s will set the tone

Packers are a team that should have tore down the base 3 years ago but held onto belief that they were not that far off of 2010 championship team. You had a GM that was making picks on his own without advice from anyone and often were bad fits for system and still have a HC who has been running pretty much the same offense since he got here 13 years ago with little change to it. Any team will figure how to game plan that and with no talent to support the QB and nothing to stop the other team on defense you have the mess the Packers are in today. Had we blown this team up 3 years ago and had a new GM with a different mindset in drafting perhaps we are in a postion were we have a top QB and young talent to compete for several years. Instead we have a QB nearing the end of his prime facing a several year rebuild.

Well the jury is still out on the current GM. His 2,3 and 4 picks have really not contributed, he traded for a questionable backup QB and let a playmaker S pass when he fell in his lap.

From the NFL this morning. And if this is truly the case (and why wouldn't it be), then it's time for 88 to be Bostick'd. No room for this on any team. Call up Davis. "According to more than a half-dozen Packers players and coaches who witnessed it, Montgomery had thrown a tantrum of his own on Green Bay's previous offensive series, becoming noticeably enraged on the sideline after being removed from the game. At least one player believed there was carryover from that incident to Montgomery's decision to disregard his coaches' instruction and return the kickoff.

"They took him out (the previous drive) for a play and he slammed his helmet and threw a fit," one Packers player said. "Then (before the kickoff) they told him to take a knee, and he ran it out anyway. You know what that was? That was him saying, 'I'm gonna do me.' It's a f----- joke."

It's baffling to me why they go away from what is working. Believe me. No one was more surprised than me that the offense played so well in the 1st quarter and part of the 2nd. It seemed to me that they were utilizing the run game very well and then they got away from it. Why do they insist on changing what is working. I don't know if it's MM or Rodgers but they seemed to go more pass than run and it didn't work.

Thought the defense played lights out.

Montgomery - What is there to say? He doesn't run very well most of the time. And when he was waiting for that kick I kept saying, "Take a knee. Take a knee." Why try to run it out when you can get it on the the 25 yard line? thumbsdown)) I'm sure he wasn't planning on fumbling, but seriously?

This is definitely not going to be our year. :(:(

Im sure Montgomery was trying to make a play, something good, but that didn't happen. He has to feel pretty crappy now to and will have to live with his mistake. If he indeed was told to take a knee no matter what and took it out anyhow, then he needs to be benched and get alot less playing time.

Maybe he has been working with Brandon Bostick..

This team, when they get it together and play to their talent level and ability, can play with anybody. The issue is coaching yet, like it has been the last how many years. The team in no way needs a rebuild or to be blown up.....that would be downright idiotic.

From the NFL this morning. And if this is truly the case (and why wouldn't it be), then it's time for 88 to be Bostick'd. No room for this on any team. Call up Davis. "According to more than a half-dozen Packers players and coaches who witnessed it, Montgomery had thrown a tantrum of his own on Green Bay's previous offensive series, becoming noticeably enraged on the sideline after being removed from the game. At least one player believed there was carryover from that incident to Montgomery's decision to disregard his coaches' instruction and return the kickoff.

"They took him out (the previous drive) for a play and he slammed his helmet and threw a fit," one Packers player said. "Then (before the kickoff) they told him to take a knee, and he ran it out anyway. You know what that was? That was him saying, 'I'm gonna do me.' It's a f----- joke."

Time to trade him to Cleveland.

As for that Shields play. There wasn't a good enough angle to overturn it. Was his foot on the line? Maybe, but just barely if it was. But no angle showed it conclusively. MM would have lost that challenge ..

thumbsup

Saw some good things from the defense and they played well enough to win.

thumbsdown))

Offense didn't take advantage of the defensive play in the first half and the safety was a killer.
Special teams are pure podo( and it'll likely take a coaching change to fix them. Jury still out on the Scott pick.

Back