Post Game Titans defeat GB 27-17

Let me add this in on Rodgers, he's a piece of the issue, and coaching is a piece.

BUT AR and ML don't play DB and lose guys in coverage...they didn't miss all those tackles.... they didn't draft round pegs for square holes...they didn't snap the ball low or fumble a punt. It's easy as hell to put the blame on ML/AR because easy targets but the real issues won't go away at all if both of them are gone. Might get exponentially worse as a matter of fact.

again 43-17 .725 win %..... is he perfect? Hell no, but the losses are the sum of many things and ML leadership is way way down that list
i may have posted this already somewhere, so pardon me if i am repeating myself. there are many packers fans who consistently complained that rodgers was not running ml's offense the past three years. if that is the case - and i'm not saying that it is - just how meaningful is ml's win %?

I could understand if it was JUST Rodgers looking old all the time, but it's really not.

Offensively there are plays where guys are just not even running hard or quitting on routes, not executing basic fundamentals, the sort of thing that happens when teams quit on a coach, but it also doesn't seem like that's the case.

Defensively, our scheme is bad. It's nowhere near getting the most out of our players and is playing not to lose.

Special teams is bad partially because of a lack of depth on the team, but also because we were forcing Amari out there on returns for years for some reason (I don't really believe this, but conspiracy theory: Gute wanted his guy out there, same thing with Dillon).

I don't know but to me it's just one of those everything that can go wrong is years.

i may have posted this already somewhere, so pardon me if i am repeating myself. there are many packers fans who consistently complained that rodgers was not running ml's offense the past three years. if that is the case - and i'm not saying that it is - just how meaningful is ml's win %?
That's a point but honestly from the outside, not 100% how much Rodgers has changed or checked out of during that period. Your old enough to know that coaches with that win % don't grow on trees...you can really easily turn the keys over to consecutive idiots IE, GB 70's and 80s.

This is a team that has a few decent players and even if you tear down to the foundation it still won't work if the foundation is bad aka with Gute and more so Murphy as the base. BOD is not going to remove Murphy and he's going to be here for 3 more years until he's forced to retire at 70. I think there is a very good chance Policy will be promoted to the job and then the question is will be his own man or will he just be a copy of Murphy and keep the say MO in how things are being done now? If so nothing is likely going to change and hope for turning things around will be slim as Gute will be kept around along with his poor assistants and scouts as Policy will just replace Murphy as the boss to run things.

I am disappointed in the season but truthfully not shocked. Let's think about some of those close got of jams games the past 2 years games that we won. It could have easily gone south 4-5 games.

Agree with jblood. Not our year at all. Also, I just don't let these get to me anymore. The sun will rise tomorrow.

Honestly at this point I’m more interested to see how ML responds next year as opposed to the rest of this year.
If #12 is gone does he go in say ok I no longer have a QB I have to cater to so now I can run things like how I want to and make changes to his offense that will fit to #10 being his QB.

I am disappointed in the season but truthfully not shocked. Let's think about some of those close got of jams games the past 2 years games that we won. It could have easily gone south 4-5 games.

Agree with jblood. Not our year at all. Also, I just don't let these get to me anymore. The sun will rise tomorrow.
gp((

We all knew this type of season was coming, just a matter of when. Happens to every team. In the end it’s just a game.

Back