Rodgers Wants Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
I repeat. A lot of people who knew the potential of both Smith and Rodgers believed Rodgers would be a better QB in the NFL, and thought it was a toss up who would be taken first. I'm not going to argue the point, but I remember full well the discussions when the draft occurred.

The rap was his mechanics, but those who knew how the adjustments could be made never doubted his ability to be a decent NFL QB.

I repeat. A lot of people who knew the potential of both Smith and Rodgers believed Rodgers would be a better QB in the NFL, and thought it was a toss up who would be taken first. I'm not going to argue the point, but I remember full well the discussions when the draft occurred.

The rap was his mechanics, but those who knew how the adjustments could be made never doubted his ability to be a decent NFL QB.
He had 4 games his final year less than 55% accuracy. He got the hype after the USC game.

No way that you thought Smith had more talent? Rodgers had the better arm he was just rough and need work. Smith was ready to play right away Rodgers was not.
Never said that. I said he was not a lock as a #1 or first round pick. Hell just because you have an arm does not make you a NFL QB

There was a whole list of Tedford guys with those mechanics who couldn’t make the adjustment, it was a huge deal at the time. I don’t remember many voices out there saying “oh yeah just a couple adjustments and he’ll be good to go.”

Never said that. I said he was not a lock as a #1 or first round pick. Hell just because you have an arm does not make you a NFL QB
I never ever heard one person ever say Rodgers was not a lock as a 1st round pick.

I never ever heard one person ever say Rodgers was not a lock as a 1st round pick.
he had his share of detractors

NFC scout: "I think he has a good chance of being a bust. Just like every other Tedford-coached quarterback. Thing I struggle with him is he gets sacked a lot. He doesn't have great ability to change the release of the football. He's mechanically very rigid. Brett Favre can change his release point and find different windows. There will be more growing pains with Alex Smith but in the end he has a much better chance to be much better."

AFC scout: "He's a system quarterback. 3-, 5-, 7-step guy. Can't create on his own. Panics under pressure. Gets flustered easy. I don't think there's a quarterback in the draft worthy of a first-round pick. I'm dead serious. None of them are worth it."

AFC scout: "I don't like him. He's a clone of Harrington and Boller. They all throw the same way. What have those guys done? Nothing. If you take him in the second round, fine. Heady guy. They do a marvelous job of coaching quarterbacks there. I don't think he's as good as the top quarterbacks coming out last year."

AFC scout: "I think he has some upside although there are some things that are just ordinary about him."

But that's every QB who will have some talk about how he has his issues. Back then people hated Tedford QBs and thought they all were busts at NFL level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back