Rodgers Wants Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree Keg.
I think it’s SOP that every player gets an exit visit.
They have to turn in their playbooks among other things, so there has to be interaction.
Just because there isn’t a “public mic”, like AR had the other day, with players before each leaves doesn’t mean they haven’t had a face-to-face before they left.
That’s exit interview is after the fact and probably not much interaction. If your releasing someone or your not going to offer a FA communication with the player and agent should be part of the process to allow them to test the market. Not going to beat this in the ground but Brandt has mentioned the lack of communication skills in GB and maybe there is more to that

That’s exit interview is after the fact and probably not much interaction. If your releasing someone or your not going to offer a FA communication with the player and agent should be part of the process to allow them to test the market. Not going to beat this in the ground but Brandt has mentioned the lack of communication skills in GB and maybe there is more to that
I am going to disagree with you and Keg a bit here, one really big point. I asked and you answered and no one else has EVER seen a QB do that in a presser.

Now we can beat this front office thing to death, yes they are far from being decent but you can't and no one else here can tell me that his behavior is simply from "poor communication".

As far as his players getting released issue, it's 100% butthurt bogus. That's NOT a GB front office problem that's a "the NFL is a cold business " problem, let's sit Cobb down who just came from Houston and ask him if that grass is greener on the other side? It's not it's much worse. AR needs a real job if he thinks the NFL life is tough.

Packer fans and Players alike are spoiled...no one else coddle's players like this. This whole spiel is nothing more than Rodgers and his passive-aggressive BS. If you truly believe anything else and that it's really a problem I got oceanfront condos for you in Tuscan for sale :cool:

Last edited:
On the flip side the reaction from players such as Charles Woodson , Steve Young and Kyler Murray to name a few have been supportive of the way Rodgers spoke and I’m just speculation here many in the league probably have the same opinion he does. To me, his tone was not the rational of guys who were released but more the communication in the process. As I mentioned in a previous post his presser was actually refreshing, no BS, canned crap. I wish more in all sports would do it
To me though this was typical players pay us to play but also let us run the team.

Rodgers also has the attitude that he is anti team/league he thinks players get short end of stick and should have more power all over the league. He's to big for his britches as the old saying goes

Rodgers also has the attitude that he is anti team/league he thinks players get short end of stick and should have more power all over the league. He's to big for his britches as the old saying goes
Wait now, he's good and he'll be a first-ballot HOF guy, I am not even sure anti-league is right. He's an overbearing passive-aggressive jerk when he wants to be. Even Brandt has talked about him shutting folks out he doesn't want to hear...putting them on blast.

Open question but more so to those here who support his speach? If he's putting the front office and coaches on blast.... how the hell can anyone communicate. I've coached, supervised, managed, etc. An employee/player like that is virtually impossible to deal with folks...they just are.

I am going to disagree with you and Keg a bit here, one really big point. I asked and you answered and no one else has EVER seen a QB do that in a presser.

Now we can beat this front office thing to death, yes they are far from being decent but you can't and no one else here can tell me that his behavior is simply from "poor communication".

As far as his players getting released issue, it's 100% butthurt bogus. That's NOT a GB front office problem that's a "the NFL is a cold business " problem, let's sit Cobb down who just came from Houston and ask him if that grass is greener on the other side? It's not it's much worse. AR needs a real job if he thinks the NFL life is tough.

Packer and Players alike are spoiled...no one else coddle's players like this. This whole spiel is nothing more than Rodgers and his passive-aggressive BS. If you truly believe anything else and that it's really a problem I got oceanfront condos for you in Tuscan for sale :cool:
No we have not seen anyone do this at a presser but as I said in this an another post, I think it was honestly refreshing. Do I like it that he threw some of the organization under the bus no. I still have a deep connection as a fan to this organization. I have for years hated coaches and players putting on this mask if you will and not speak their mind. Personally it’s a big pet peeve for me. I know many here have been critical of other FO’s and owners and i wonder what our reaction would be if a player in a different organization like say Washington would have made similar comments. We want players to not be robots, well we got it. Yeah to many it’s personal.

We all know it’s a ugly cut throat business. That’s no secret. I get that. We don’t have to like Rodgers in how he framed some things and I don’t agree with everything that came out of his pie hole but I would also bet the ranch he far from the only player in the league who has the same issues. Rodgers has the platform to voice what many wish they could

And you think he’s the only one who thinks that. I can assure you it’s not limited

No we have not seen anyone do this at a presser but as I said in this an another post, I think it was honestly refreshing. Do I like it that he threw some of the organization under the bus no. I still have a deep connection as a fan to this organization. I have for years hated coaches and players putting on this mask if you will and not speak their mind. Personally it’s a big pet peeve for me. I know many here have been critical of other FO’s and owners and i wonder what our reaction would be if a player in a different organization like say Washington would have made similar comments. We want players to not be robots, well we got it. Yeah to many it’s personal.

We all know it’s a ugly cut throat business. That’s no secret. I get that. We don’t have to like Rodgers in how he framed some things and I don’t agree with everything that came out of his pie hole but I would also bet the ranch he far from the only player in the league who has the same issues. Rodgers has the platform to voice what many wish they could
I have no issue if he wants to air dirty laundry after he leaves but you don't go and podo( all over a team you are still with on your first day back esp after they caved to all your demands.

Wait now, he's good and he'll be a first-ballot HOF guy, I am not even sure anti-league is right. He's an overbearing passive-aggressive jerk when he wants to be. Even Brandt has talked about him shutting folks out he doesn't want to hear...putting them on blast.

Open question but more so to those here who support his speach? If he's putting the front office and coaches on blast.... how the hell can anyone communicate. I've coached, supervised, managed, etc. An employee/player like that is virtually impossible to deal with folks...they just are.
I’ve also managed and supervised. While it’s not a 100% broad brush but I always stressed open communication good and bad and yeah I got put on blast more than once. Some valid some BS. One of my former clients who I have had screaming episodes with became my favorite client ever, those “sessions” earned respect on both sides. Now to be fair the problem in pro sports is that the players are not only the product but they are a commodity. As an a employee I was never the product. That’s a big difference.

Bottom line its communication. It’s not simple and some are better than others at it. I still work at it every day.

I have no issue if he wants to air dirty laundry after he leaves but you don't go and podo( all over a team you are still with on your first day back esp after they caved to all your demands.
So just be a robot. Put on a happy face and hugs all around We can agree to disagree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back