The NFL Money Machine

So got to find some way to sell more could team packages be a way to sell more?
Who ever it is needs to tie Sunday Ticket to other content or revenue streams. Such as Amazon tying it to NFL merchandise or Apple to additional sports / NFL content. Just Sunday Ticket as a stand alone platform won’t work

I still believe Bezos is the wild card in this whole thing. He will invest whatever it takes to make it embarrassingly successful.

I still believe Bezos is the wild card in this whole thing. He will invest whatever it takes to make it embarrassingly successful.
On the surface yes but how much more can Prime expand? Apple has such deep pockets and room for expansion with Apple TV, they need to content. And it’s one more revenue stream away from Apple hardware

ESPN+ / Disney+? Don’t know if the math works. $2b is steep even with their cash flow

There are ways to beat the cost with DirecTV. I wouldn't do it of course....... LOL

Four guys who followed 4 different teams had places in South Texas, and wanted to watch their team every week. Sunday Ticket was the answer. So, one of them got the lowest priced DirecTV package, and added Sunday Ticket. He had it installed in 4 locations in his home.

As soon as it was done, the other three guys had dishes installed at their homes, and took one of the receivers home with them, and they were able to get the games. During the summer, when they went North, they took their receivers with them, and were able to get everything except local stations where they lived. It acted as a good add on, so they only needed conventional antennas to get a myriad of local stations.

For their entire package, it cost less than $20 a month each at that time. Now? At the most, $25. If you added a 5th member to this team, you could push the cost back down to $20 each.

I'm not certain if you can do it any longer, but it was a good way to beat the system. Illegal? Yes. Theft of services. But I'd bet there was a hell of a lot of people doing it.
illegal yes, would they do it now no. They are not just going to install a dish without some sort of "consumer agreement". Especially with the way the DTV contracts are written, not consumer friendly

No. Because churn with people who pay full boat won’t generate plus revenue
Well if you are already losing money seems like current way to do business is broke.

On the surface yes but how much more can Prime expand? Apple has such deep pockets and room for expansion with Apple TV, they need to content. And it’s one more revenue stream away from Apple hardware

ESPN+ / Disney+? Don’t know if the math works. $2b is steep even with their cash flow
If Amazon gets it does that create any conflict of intrest in him buying a team?

If Amazon gets it does that create any conflict of intrest in him buying a team?
I believe it would. I think the league needs to decide which way they'd prefer seeing him involved. I think he'd be helping them make a bundle if he had the TV rights.

I believe it would. I think the league needs to decide which way they'd prefer seeing him involved. I think he'd be helping them make a bundle if he had the TV rights.
I think the league would like him as owner because he can show up buy in cash and provide lots of cash

Back