The NFL Money Machine

And that’s where the math comes in. Of the 2m how many actually get Sunday Ticket for free? Nobody knows. And also if it Apple you will still need to subscribe to Apple TV and if you want the game on the 55” in your house buy the set top box. Disney will still require a subscription also either Disney + and / or ESPN+. As to EURO TV rights Sky Sports has that now.

As to expansion there was an article in SBJ that many owners are not bullish on Europe expansion and only half the teams have applied for marketing considerations and such. Article quoted one guy saying owners see minimal profitability due to costs
I know when I got Directv I was offered SUnday ticket for couple years free after that I dumped it.

Right now the price of a whole season directv package I think is just out of picture for many esp with the abillity to now be able to find streams of games for free.

Well a whole year package won't make money becuase people wont buy
They do now. It’s simple math. You are paying $2b a year for rights fees. Have to figure out how to monetize it. At least with Disney and Apple you will have to have a subscription before you even sign up.

They do now. It’s simple math. You are paying $2b a year for rights fees. Have to figure out how to monetize it. At least with Disney and Apple you will have to have a subscription before you even sign up.
Would be interesting if Directv makes money on it or losses.

There are ways to beat the cost with DirecTV. I wouldn't do it of course....... LOL

Four guys who followed 4 different teams had places in South Texas, and wanted to watch their team every week. Sunday Ticket was the answer. So, one of them got the lowest priced DirecTV package, and added Sunday Ticket. He had it installed in 4 locations in his home.

As soon as it was done, the other three guys had dishes installed at their homes, and took one of the receivers home with them, and they were able to get the games. During the summer, when they went North, they took their receivers with them, and were able to get everything except local stations where they lived. It acted as a good add on, so they only needed conventional antennas to get a myriad of local stations.

For their entire package, it cost less than $20 a month each at that time. Now? At the most, $25. If you added a 5th member to this team, you could push the cost back down to $20 each.

I'm not certain if you can do it any longer, but it was a good way to beat the system. Illegal? Yes. Theft of services. But I'd bet there was a hell of a lot of people doing it.

Back