The PAC-12 is doomed!

How? They have a GOR that runs until 2036 and each school only gets $35m I believe. It’s a horrible TV deal
If Pac 12 does not find way to recruit new good teams they won't get much either

If Pac 12 does not find way to recruit new good teams they won't get much either
Has zero to do with how many kids you recruit. It’s about TV $$$ / market size. Math

Math & Disclaimer

According to CBS Sports’ Dennis Dodd, though, that move would cost a hefty sum of $500 million.

“Clemson, Florida State and Miami may be eyeing the SEC, but how do they get out,” Dodd said. “I talked to one source last night who told me it would cost ACC teams, right now, $500 million to get out of the current deal. That’s going to be kind of hard to finance.”

Disclaimer:
I’m not sure how the $52m exit fee was reported but seems like it was interpreted incorrectly. The way it was explained to me yesterday

It’s their annual revenue distribution from the league multiplied by the number of years remaining on the grant of rights contract.

Basically If FSU gets school gets $35m million a year from the ACC and GOR is until 2036 thats $35m x 14 or $490m to leave

I cannot confirm this but word is there is also additional language in the bylaws that read…Give 10 months notice and pay 3 times the annual conference distributions on top of GOR settlement. Also B1G and P12 do not have exit fees but they do have some GOR formulas in their agreements

Last edited:
This was pretty much a given but now official

Big Ten commissioner Kevin Warren, after thanking Fox and BTN staff, adds, "We'll have some new family members in our media partner list sometime soon." TRANSLATION: Welcome to the family NBC & Peacock

Back