Trading Aaron Rodgers

He always thrown off his back foot at times with various arm angles...and thrown off on leg on the run. To blame mechanics is really getting old. It’s a lot more

Mechanics don't necessarily mean mechanics based on norms of throwing. It's the mechanics the player uses within his own style. You can't judge them based on a picture in a book. You have to review game films, and thousands of actions, and quite often you still can't see the small nuances of change because two throws can be slightly different based on a myriad of components.

I coaches so many QBs, and the one thing I saw with all of them was how each had their own unique rhythm within the throw itself, and when you tamper with it, or injury effects it, and you let them play with the injury, the results in the future are not going to be nearly as good.

Some of us warned about this when he played with the injuries.

Oh for goodness sake let's stop with all the "what's wrong with Aaron" stuff.... he's old for a pro player first off and to top it off he's been beat up the past 4-5 seasons. Add to that Aaron is an arrogant prick (so was Favre) and your seeing what you see.
I am also still seeing a player who would prefer to be at his beach house with his baby reading a good book rather than playing ball. If he has 2 seasons left in him of productive football I'll be surprised.... if he gets injured again let the retirement talk begin.

PS I think if Aaron had found a non-celebrity gal and settled down with two kids etc we may not be having this thread.

We'll have to agree to disagree.

At this point in his career I think Rodgers is pretty much playing for the paycheck. Will get $80 million dollars in the next 4 years if he finishes out the contract. It's unlikely he's going to win a SB in GB in the next 2 years and unless gets traded to a SB contender won't get that 2nd ring to finish off his career but if he stays healthy that $80 million dollars will help him get over it.

If Rodgers finishes out his contract he might become the first NFL player to crack $300 million in contract earnings in his career.

At this point in his career I think Rodgers is pretty much playing for the paycheck. Will get $80 million dollars in the next 4 years if he finishes out the contract. It's unlikely he's going to win a SB in GB in the next 2 years and unless gets traded to a SB contender won't get that 2nd ring to finish off his career but if he stays healthy that $80 million dollars will help him get over it.

If Rodgers finishes out his contract he might become the first NFL player to crack $300 million in contract earnings in his career.
It’s more than the paychecks, losing does not help his legacy.

I wonder though how much the Packers make off Rodgers using his name and face to sell items every year.

Mechanics don't necessarily mean mechanics based on norms of throwing. It's the mechanics the player uses within his own style. You can't judge them based on a picture in a book. You have to review game films, and thousands of actions, and quite often you still can't see the small nuances of change because two throws can be slightly different based on a myriad of components.

I coaches so many QBs, and the one thing I saw with all of them was how each had their own unique rhythm within the throw itself, and when you tamper with it, or injury effects it, and you let them play with the injury, the results in the future are not going to be nearly as good.

Some of us warned about this when he played with the injuries.
Again age factors in. Legs are not a powerful so even stepping into a throw his velocity is not the same. Like a pitcher you likely won’t throw at the same movement and speed at 38 as you did at 25. So you compensate and reinvent yourself a bit. And when age hits a qb’s legs it’s time to think about the next chapter. I don’t see a great deal of difference in his delivery in the last 3-5 years, what I do see is an aging quarterback who many don’t want to admit is never going to be the same

I wonder though how much the Packers make off Rodgers using his name and face to sell items every year.
Well if they are not licensed they better keep a low profile.......just throwing cash away

Back