Trading Aaron Rodgers

the dallas game was the first time that he actually looked confident. before that he played scared.

love would have been a top 3 qb in the 2019 draft, imho. in fact, i remember talk on this very forum about how he would be a top qb in the 2020 draft during the time of the 2019 draft. there's no question that his 2019 season dropped him out of that conversation.

Wasn’t that DAL game AR’s 3rd year in GB?
Love hasn’t even put on a Packer uni yet.

Wasn’t that DAL game AR’s 3rd year in GB?
Love hasn’t even put on a Packer uni yet.
yes. yes it was. and before that, rodgers looked like a deer in the headlights in the few (mostly preseason) games that he played.

in fact, i remember talk on this very forum about how he would be a top qb in the 2020 draft during the time of the 2019 draft. there's no question that his 2019 season dropped him out of that conversation.

I don't think so my friend.... went back to the war room and none of us had him on the radar going into the last draft. No one fully knew what changes a new HC would have etc.

Does anyone know if Arod has a no trade clause or something like it in his contract?

I can't see Arod putting it all out there again for the Packers, especially since he knows what's coming and he knows what will be going on behind the scenes from the Favre debacle.

However I can see him saving it a bit for a new team. Like I've said before unlike others opinions I don't think he's done with football, I think he's done with the GB Packers. He's been trying to get more control over the offense for years, and it almost seems he will have less control in this one? I may be mistaken, but it always seemed his gold standard was Peyton Manning style field general.

Big question for the Packers, it's gonna get ugly, so do you deal with it now or try to push it off a few years?

Rodgers ain't going nowhere. Financially it would be devastating at this point, and even if Love does have the potential to become the next franchise QB in GB, he needs a lot of work in meetings, practice, and preseasons, to get him to the point where he has a shot at proving it. The theory that this guy is going to be a Mahomes overnight is kind of remote.

Rodgers ain't going nowhere. Financially it would be devastating at this point, and even if Love does have the potential to become the next franchise QB in GB, he needs a lot of work in meetings, practice, and preseasons, to get him to the point where he has a shot at proving it. The theory that this guy is going to be a Mahomes overnight is kind of remote.
All depends if the Packers were to trade Rodgers after June 1st in 2021 they take a $14.3 cap hit that year but save $22 million against the cap but do push $12 million into 2022 dead cap.

Waiting until 2022 if they cut or trade him prior to June 1st they save $22 million with a $17 million cap hit. If they do it after June 1st they save $25 million with a $14 million cap hit and $3 millin pushed to 2023.

If they wait to 2023 they take a $3 million cap hit but save $25.5 million and does not matter if it's prior or post June 1st.

So as long as they designate the move a post June 1st move he could be gone as early as next year and they can absorbe the cap hit easiser.

Does anyone know if Arod has a no trade clause or something like it in his contract?

I can't see Arod putting it all out there again for the Packers, especially since he knows what's coming and he knows what will be going on behind the scenes from the Favre debacle.

However I can see him saving it a bit for a new team. Like I've said before unlike others opinions I don't think he's done with football, I think he's done with the GB Packers. He's been trying to get more control over the offense for years, and it almost seems he will have less control in this one? I may be mistaken, but it always seemed his gold standard was Peyton Manning style field general.

Big question for the Packers, it's gonna get ugly, so do you deal with it now or try to push it off a few years?
"Especially since he knows what's coming" - please tell me, what is it that he "KNOWS" is coming? You mean what many people have presumed? I'm sorry, nobody knows what's going to happen in a year or 2 because we don't know whether Jordan Love will even get to a starting QB level. Plus - while Rodgers has his share of faults, one thing I do know about him is that he plays with a chip on his shoulder, and if he feels he's being pushed out he's way more likely to prove everyone wrong than tanking because he's feels wronged. I know everyone wants to believe that there's all this friction between he and LaFleur, and maybe there's something there - but again let's remember last year was year 1 in a new offense, and of course when things break down he would revert to old habits. Maybe I'm a bit more positive than some, but I'm looking forward to seeing how the offense improves this year.
That said - I am concerned that we really haven't addressed the defense. Kirksey replacing Martinez isn't the total answer.

"Especially since he knows what's coming" - please tell me, what is it that he "KNOWS" is coming? Do you mean what many people have presumed?

See there is the problem... we aren't "presuming " anything. Same packer fans...different QB. The pushback I am reading is no different than the Favre faithful and all the whining and backbiting we heard the year or two before he left.

Fact... Aaron isn't getting younger
Fact... Aaron hasn't played like Aaron in 2-3 yrs
Fact... His contract is structured in a way that IF the team so chooses they can move on at several junctures.
Fact... GB moved up to draft a QB in round 1, you don't do so and then let that pick sit on his hinder for 5 years unless your highly incompetent or the pick sucked so...the clock is ticking like it or not. sh))

It's not a positive/negative fan deal, To be frank, Forum family it is what it is and nope we are NOT going through the same kind of arguments that occurred with Favre this time if I can help it. sb(tc(

See there is the problem... we aren't "presuming " anything. Same packer fans...different QB. The pushback I am reading is no different than the Favre faithful and all the whining and backbiting we heard the year or two before he left.

Fact... Aaron isn't getting younger
Fact... Aaron hasn't played like Aaron in 2-3 yrs
Fact... His contract is structured in a way that IF the team so chooses they can move on at several junctures.
Fact... GB moved up to draft a QB in round 1, you don't do so and then let that pick sit on his hinder for 5 years unless your highly incompetent or the pick sucked so...the clock is ticking like it or not. sh))

It's not a positive/negative fan deal, To be frank, Forum family it is what it is and nope we are NOT going through the same kind of arguments that occurred with Favre this time if I can help it. sb(tc(
You mean we can't be like last time when people stormed Lambeau and chanted Bring Back Brett and gave useless signed petitions to the Packers to have him brought back as the starter? LOL

Back