Which offensive linemen in 2020 draft fit Packers' tendencies?

I was just messin' with GBP.

Agree the thing with Cleveland is whether Gute is like TT in wanting versatility in his OL guys. If that's the case, I agree with GBP that Cleveland is not a guy who can likely play multiple spots. He has rare athletic skills but he's an OT only.

Seems he has the athleticism to play OT for a zone blocking type team/line but if he fails at OT you likely can't move him inside - he lacks the strength. Maybe a little like Spriggs in that regard. Also seems to not be the best run blocker which might not fit what ML/BG are looking for.

Also seems to not be the best run blocker which might not fit what ML/BG are looking for.

obviously, every scout is going to see things slightly differently, but the impression that i got from reading different profiles was that run blocking in a zone blocking scheme is his strength. it's the pass blocking that is his problem.

here are some comments from another profile that i read:

"Cleveland has been an anchor for a Boise State offensive line that has produced 1,000-yard rushers in every season he was a starter.

Consistent technique and play strength are recurring issues on Cleveland’s film. Part of that stems from his inability to regularly sink his hips and get his weight underneath him when he blocks. He has a tendency to block from an upright stance, even with the natural athleticism he possesses. His hip work as a pass protector could use some more precision in the angles he takes to edge rushers.

Cleveland doesn’t have top-notch anchor strength, which prevents him from being able to drive many defenders back a considerable amount. His recovery strength against power moves could be improved, and he could struggle early on in his career against bull rushes and powerful jabs from NFL edge rushers. He can also get better at consistently getting inside hand placement, as his strikes can stand to be a bit more precise."

GB typically drafts OT’s to pretty much play OT.
However, they like their interior OL to be able to play multiple positions.

Cleveland projected as a swing OT for his first year or two fits just fine with the need in GB, especially the zone blocking run scheme they run.

In pass pro it was the bendy speed rushers that gave him some issues.

Overall he would be a good fit and decent starter after a year or two in an NFL strength/conditioning program.

We need a guy who will be ready in a year. They didn't sign Wagner to be swing tackle. I think they are comfortable with him for this coming year. Means we don't have to burn a 1 or 2 round draft pick if the value isn't there. Plus, without the campus workouts- most of the numbers people are using are the 'one day make or break' combine numbers. I think you'll see a little more wiggle room than usual. Ezra Cleveland reminds me of a young Bak, a little weak, but a very good athlete. Bak had a burning desire to be the best, if Cleveland has that mind set....I'm all for it.
Honestly, the guy I get a gut feeling for is Isaiah Wilson, could see him being our RT for 10 years.

We need a guy who will be ready in a year. They didn't sign Wagner to be swing tackle. I think they are comfortable with him for this coming year. Means we don't have to burn a 1 or 2 round draft pick if the value isn't there. Plus, without the campus workouts- most of the numbers people are using are the 'one day make or break' combine numbers. I think you'll see a little more wiggle room than usual. Ezra Cleveland reminds me of a young Bak, a little weak, but a very good athlete. Bak had a burning desire to be the best, if Cleveland has that mind set....I'm all for it.
Honestly, the guy I get a gut feeling for is Isaiah Wilson, could see him being our RT for 10 years.
On the right, you want more of a run blocker. Then again this is supposed to be an "outside zone" system. Maybe that's one of the reasons they let Bulaga walk.

I remember when McCarthy was looking for those "smaller, quicker" lineman. Then again I trust Matt to know what he's doing lol.

Little Leery about Wagner next to Turner, but let's see what we got.

Matt Peart may be as good as, or a better fit for GB, as he has more athleticism than Wilson and will carry more weight than Cleveland ever will. He needs ~a year to get stronger, but he has the athletic profile to be a good fit in the outside zone run scheme, but they will have to take him at #62, he won't make it to #94, and as for Cleveland won't make it to #62.
Packers had a virtual interview with Saadhiq Charles, who has some character red flags, but could be an option as a project to develop.
Hard to read between the lines this time of year. Nobody is showing their cards, and just because they talk to (or about) someone doesn't really mean much other than that player might be their option B if option A is already gone.
Charles is even being talked about as being drafted as a Guard for some teams.

Mekhi Becton. This guy is huge, and can anchor a spot on the offensive line. He's a little weak on pass blocking but his footwork can improve, and he's big enough that he can get away with some mistakes in the process. As far as run blocking, he's the kind of guy you latch onto, and follow for short yardage, and count on to open holes at two levels.

I'm not certain where he's going to go in the draft, but I think he'd make one helluva guy to plug in at both guard and tackle, while he's getting his feet wet.

Mekhi Becton. This guy is huge, and can anchor a spot on the offensive line. He's a little weak on pass blocking but his footwork can improve, and he's big enough that he can get away with some mistakes in the process. As far as run blocking, he's the kind of guy you latch onto, and follow for short yardage, and count on to open holes at two levels.

I'm not certain where he's going to go in the draft, but I think he'd make one helluva guy to plug in at both guard and tackle, while he's getting his feet wet.
Becton I have seen mocked in the top 10 to around 15-20 so it's unlikley he is there at 30.

Yup, Becton would be a fit but he probably won't be there at #30 unless the pundits are just dead wrong about him. Not saying it can't happen. Last year most pundits and even posters here said Irv Smith would never make it out of Rd 1 because certainly the Patriots would take him if nothing else. He lasted until the back half of Rd 2. That said, Smith was more of a question mark at the time. Becton seems a lot more solidly in the top half of Rd 1.

Agree also that Peart would be a decent get at #62. It's probably too high but if he's your guy, grab him because he probably won't be there at #94. There's a group of tackles that kind of show up in the back half of Rd 2 for some mocks that includes Niang, Wahogoh, and Peart. I would think one of them is there and all 3 sorta fit. All will need some development time, but Wagner can hold the fort for a season if needed.

Austin Jackson is a guy I wonder about as well. Opinions on him seem mixed. Some really like him based on athleticism and potential, others say he needs a lot of technique work and don't like him as much. Shows up in the back half of Rd 1 a lot, but also have seen him later. Might be a guy who slides. Not sure if he makes it to #62, but he's a guy I'm watching in a couple of weeks. He'd certainly be a scheme fit for the Packers.

Back