Why Wisconsin's NIL collective has been essentially silent since launch

It would be interesting seeing the designations of where the money goes.

I realize it's an older article, but the old adage, no matter how much things change, they remain the same, pretty much rings true in this area. It's a question of depth of pockets, and even NIL itself will follow the wealth pattern. It's all about who wears that old school tie and can afford to be honored by a rubber chicken dinner.
Agree it's always has always will be the haves and have nots

Facts of life show me a deep pocked UW alumni. I was also saying there is nothing stopping from UW from some day getting their own Phil Knight. You never know if a UW alumni becomes a billionaire and supports the team
You asked….Kenny Dichter, John Menard

In a new survey released by research organization WealthInsight and news site Elite Traveler, the University of Wisconsin-Madison was ranked as the No. 20 school in the world for the amount of millionaire alumni it cranks out. Wisconsin's flagship school only trailed four other U.S. state schools: University of California, Berkley; University of Texas; University of Michigan; and California State University.

Last edited:
You asked….Kenny Dichter, John Menard

In a new survey released by research organization WealthInsight and news site Elite Traveler, the University of Wisconsin-Madison was ranked as the No. 20 school in the world for the amount of millionaire alumni it cranks out. Wisconsin's flagship school only trailed four other U.S. state schools: University of California, Berkley; University of Texas; University of Michigan; and California State University.
Yeah but neither are billionaire rich. Also Menard's focus is on racing.

My thought is that NIL just made it all easier.
I can see both sides of that. The collectives made it easier to facilitate things but the Devin Shapiro’s and Bobby Lowder’s of the world were able to “hide” payments (in Lowders case it was border line bank fraud) with collectives they need to be disclosed.

Menard net worth is $14b. Dichter is $100m.

And Knights main focus is Nike.
Yeah but if Oregon needs something KNight gets them it. Does Menard even donate to UW much?

Back