Wisconsin vs Iowa State - A trip to Sweet 16

I've been critical of Gard over the last couple of years myself. Of course, like everyone else, I was unaware about the undertones of dissent that were tearing at the program from within.

Reading Brad Davison's goodbye statement, and thinking about how this team did this year, and I think I was overreacting. He's probably a better coach than I thought, and from what I saw on the floor, his recruits look like pretty good decisions. It's no small feat winning the Big 10 title. You had to do a lot of things right to get there.

I'm anxious to see how some of the new kids fit into the system, and hope Lorne Bowman's problems at home are resolved, so he can join the program and show his game. It seems like Gard, his coaches, and his players are very supportive of each other.

I've been critical of Gard over the last couple of years myself. Of course, like everyone else, I was unaware about the undertones of dissent that were tearing at the program from within.

Reading Brad Davison's goodbye statement, and thinking about how this team did this year, and I think I was overreacting. He's probably a better coach than I thought, and from what I saw on the floor, his recruits look like pretty good decisions. It's no small feat winning the Big 10 title. You had to do a lot of things right to get there.

I'm anxious to see how some of the new kids fit into the system, and hope Lorne Bowman's problems at home are resolved, so he can join the program and show his game. It seems like Gard, his coaches, and his players are very supportive of each other.
Good post.

To be critical of Gard fine. So be it. Guys like Underwood and Holtzman who I consider great coaches with more resources don’t have much to show either. To get this team to a 3 seed and a conference title share was an amazing accomplishment.

Spoke to someone tonight who knows more about basketball on one finger that I will ever know in a lifetime. His theory is that the conference is so rugged that teams lose their legs by March. Look at Iowa, Illinois, Wisconsin, OSU and MSU. All had a solid 5-7 man rotation but wore down. Valid

Spoke to someone tonight who knows more about basketball on one finger that I will ever know in a lifetime. His theory is that the conference is so rugged that teams lose their legs by March. Look at Iowa, Illinois, Wisconsin, OSU and MSU. All had a solid 5-7 man rotation but wore down. Valid
I agree. It's also why I hope that Wahl and Crowl put on about 20# of muscle each, between now and next season. They were getting banged around pretty hard at times.

From what Greg Gard has said, Mors was home sick, and wanted to play closer to home. I understand that sentiment. For some kids, it's just not in the cards to roam too far away from family, and friends. Gotta wish Matthew good luck. How much of a loss it will be is not determinable at this point. Hard to tell. But it opens up a scholarship for someone else, through the portal, doesn't it? There just might be a forward out there with Johnny Davis quality written all over him, and he won't be able to let it out where he's at.

Is incoming guard Connor Essegian the next guy to step up like Brad Davidson? We're going to find out. He has a lot of the same qualities in his game from what I hear.

Not many new players coming in this time around, but the move with Mors opens one spot.

I agree. It's also why I hope that Wahl and Crowl put on about 20# of muscle each, between now and next season. They were getting banged around pretty hard at times.

From what Greg Gard has said, Mors was home sick, and wanted to play closer to home. I understand that sentiment. For some kids, it's just not in the cards to roam too far away from family, and friends. Gotta wish Matthew good luck. How much of a loss it will be is not determinable at this point. Hard to tell. But it opens up a scholarship for someone else, through the portal, doesn't it? There just might be a forward out there with Johnny Davis quality written all over him, and he won't be able to let it out where he's at.

Is incoming guard Connor Essegian the next guy to step up like Brad Davidson? We're going to find out. He has a lot of the same qualities in his game from what I hear.

Not many new players coming in this time around, but the move with Mors opens one spot.
Just me but I think they look at 2 guards or combo guards in the portal. We lose Davison and Davis so that’s 2 wings / combo guards to fill.

Lot of schools in the mix but Jaelin Llewellyn is a name to watch. There is mutual interest

Back