Wisconsin vs Iowa State - A trip to Sweet 16

Spoke to someone tonight who knows more about basketball on one finger that I will ever know in a lifetime. His theory is that the conference is so rugged that teams lose their legs by March. Look at Iowa, Illinois, Wisconsin, OSU and MSU. All had a solid 5-7 man rotation but wore down. Valid
Yup. That B1G is physical. I think we talked about it before. The brutality of the regular season, the conference tourney, to the big Dance, is rough on the legs and body.

Yup. That B1G is physical. I think we talked about it before. The brutality of the regular season, the conference tourney, to the big Dance, is rough on the legs and body.
Yeah when I heard that it’s like damn it makes sense. Not trying to make excuses but when your legs to so does your shot

UW needs to do something big losing Davis you might be 15 win team next year

From what I read Mors was homesick and that's why he's leaving UW.

I agree. It's also why I hope that Wahl and Crowl put on about 20# of muscle each, between now and next season. They were getting banged around pretty hard at times.

From what Greg Gard has said, Mors was home sick, and wanted to play closer to home. I understand that sentiment. For some kids, it's just not in the cards to roam too far away from family, and friends. Gotta wish Matthew good luck. How much of a loss it will be is not determinable at this point. Hard to tell. But it opens up a scholarship for someone else, through the portal, doesn't it? There just might be a forward out there with Johnny Davis quality written all over him, and he won't be able to let it out where he's at.

Is incoming guard Connor Essegian the next guy to step up like Brad Davidson? We're going to find out. He has a lot of the same qualities in his game from what I hear.

Not many new players coming in this time around, but the move with Mors opens one spot.
This will be big year for Gard he has to go put have his guys hit transfer portal hard to find 1-2 players to help fill roster.

This will be big year for Gard he has to go put have his guys hit transfer portal hard to find 1-2 players to help fill roster.
It’s not some make or break year. RS class is fine , could use a combo guard

I don't know why, but I see them as a potential 20 win team next year. I guess I'm looking at Wahl taking the next step, and watching the improvement with Hepburn.

Am I amiss here, or weren't there only three red shirts this year? Mors, Ilver, and Hodges? Then only one scholarship coming in, given to Essegian? With Mors gone, that would open up one more.

I don't think I'd be far off base in saying that I also believe that Lorne Bowman will bow out over the summer, and that spot can also be filled. That would give us two openings. Now, let's see if anyone else jumps ship on the Badgers.

If I was Gard, I'd be looking at portal players for that one, or two spots to be honest. Unless they feel they can reach for someone in 2023 that would make a great addition.

I don't know why, but I see them as a potential 20 win team next year. I guess I'm looking at Wahl taking the next step, and watching the improvement with Hepburn.

Am I amiss here, or weren't there only three red shirts this year? Mors, Ilver, and Hodges? Then only one scholarship coming in, given to Essegian? With Mors gone, that would open up one more.

I don't think I'd be far off base in saying that I also believe that Lorne Bowman will bow out over the summer, and that spot can also be filled. That would give us two openings. Now, let's see if anyone else jumps ship on the Badgers.

If I was Gard, I'd be looking at portal players for that one, or two spots to be honest. Unless they feel they can reach for someone in 2023 that would make a great addition.
From all indications Bowman is coming back. He’s still enrolled and taking classes remotely.

I’m somewhere between 15-20 wins. My wish would be Llewelyn as a combo guard and hoping Essegian can step up and play some meaningful minutes. Llver has to figure out the defensive end. Somewhat early but..
Crowl, Wahl, Carlson, Hepburn and ??
Bench rotation: Hodges, Llver, Neath, Gilmore, Essegian

Last edited:
Back