Reaction score
Website
wisconsinsportstalk.net
Career High
* 13 Tackles vs. Florida, 2021
* 2 Tackles for Loss vs. Auburn, 2021
* 1 QB Sack vs. four teams
* 6 QB Pressures vs. Alabama2, 2021

2021: Started at LB in all 15 games...finished with 67 total stops (tied for third best on team), along with 5.5 Tackles for Loss, 1.5 QB Sacks, 25 QB pressures and three pass breakups...team-high eight tackles in CFP Championship Game vs. Alabama...also had career-high six QB pressures vs. the Crimson Tide...led team and set career highs in tackles in two mid-season games, highlighted by 13 stops vs. Florida (first double-digit tackle effort by a Bulldog defender this season) and nine tackles vs. Kentucky....six tackles (one for loss), one pass breakup and a career-best four QB hurries in win at Tennessee...had one tackle and two QB hurries in win over #3 Clemson...had a tackle, a fumble recovery and a career high-matching three QB pressures in win over South Carolina...had four stops and a pass breakup in win over #8 Arkansas...five tackles vs. Auburn, including two TFLs (career high), one of which was a QB sack...named a team captain for the Auburn, Florida and Tennessee games.
2020: Played extensively in all 10 games, starting in win over Kentucky and Cincinnati...team's fourth-leading tackler with 43 total stops...career-high seven tackles vs. Alabama and again vs. South Carolina...matched that total in Georgia's Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl win over Cincinnati...also had three QB pressures and a fourth-quarter sack vs. the Bearcats...had five tackles in win over Tennessee and also at Kentucky...credited with four tackles and three QB pressures in win over Auburn...had three stops in season-opening win at Arkansas.
2019: Played in 13 of 14 games and finished with 23 total stops...had a sack for a 7-yard loss and two QB pressures vs. Arkansas State...had one TFL and a QB pressure vs. Tennessee...had a QB sack for a 5-yard loss vs. Missouri...has eight total QB pressures...career-high six tackles vs. Kentucky...co-winner of Defensive Most Improved Award, given at team’s post-season awards gala.
2018: Saw action in all 14 games and finished with six total stops...season-best three tackles vs. Georgia Tech...co-winner of the Special Teams Newcomer of the Year, given at team's post-season awards gala.
High School: Crisp County, coached by Brad Harber...selected to play in the 2018 Under Armour All-America Game...247Sports.com four-star prospect...#2 OLB nationally, #31 overall prospect nationally and the #6 prospect in Georgia...PrepStar Magazine four-star prospect, #93 nationally and a member of the Top 150 Dream Team...Rivals.com four-star prospect, ranked #38 nationally, the #3 OLB and #6 in the state...ESPN.com four-star prospect, #73 nationally, #2 OLB and #10 in Georgia...helped lead Crisp County to a 9-2 season and the second round of the GHSA Class 3A state playoffs in 2017...USA Today 2017 Georgia All-USA Second-Team defense...AJC 2017 Class 3A All-State First-Team defense...2017 Class 3A All-State Second-Team defense by the Georgia Sports Writers Assn....had 76 total tackles, 10 for loss, and five pass deflections as a senior, also caught 13 passes for 201 yards and five TDs as a receiver...listed to the 2017 High School Butkus Award Watch List, given annually to the nation’s top prep linebacker...helped lead the Cougars to a program-best 13-1 record and the GHSA Class 3A State Semifinals in 2016...registered 19 TFLs, 109 total tackles, eight sacks and five PBUs as a junior...also a starter for the Crisp County basketball team, which won a region title in 2017.
Personal: Full name JAQUAVIAN JY’QUESE WALKER...intended major: Business...recipient of the Watkins Family Football Scholarship.

Mark and Pack you could answer this I bet. Can Walker be a Roquan Smith type of player a ILB that can get all over the field?

@TomSilverstein
·
1m

Gutekunst said Quay is similar to DeVondre Campbell and that was attractive
I’ll take that comparison very favorably.

I was hoping for either Walker or Troy Andersen in this draft.

Just wasn’t expecting the 1st round.

I’m guessing he will be asked to play some ST’s?

Mark and Pack you could answer this I bet. Can Walker be a Roquan Smith type of player a ILB that can get all over the field?
Yes, but a lot of that depends on the DC not him. He was used in many ways at UGA. The key to remember about both players is that UGA used a two-deep platoon system....everyone was fresh when they played. These guys didn't play more than 35-40 snaps a game at most.

The only shocking thing about the Walker pick is that it goes against their history of undervaluing the position. I kind of had him in play for the Packers in trade-down scenarios as I was doing simulations.

Everything else about the pick screams Packers from an analytics perspective. He should be a Day 1 contributor. It'll be interesting if they play more "big-nickel" now as opposed to pulling an inside LB on passing downs.

The only shocking thing about the Walker pick is that it goes against their history of undervaluing the position. I kind of had him in play for the Packers in trade-down scenarios as I was doing simulations.

Everything else about the pick screams Packers from an analytics perspective. He should be a Day 1 contributor. It'll be interesting if they play more "big-nickel" now as opposed to pulling an inside LB on passing downs.
You can use him in several roles...he will play on teams if needed.

Back