With Pick #28 in the First round GB Selects DL Devonte Wyatt

I knew Gary was lock but Savage was a little but I think because there is nothing really better then savage in the draft.

278842880_10159614330975073_379401513027776337_n.jpg

The weakest link on this D now is really Savage. I wonder if they take a Safety in round 2 or 3. They could replace Savage and not have to worry about giving him the 5-year option and resigning him.

Thoughts?
Savage will come around. Barry likes to play with three Safeties iirc. I do expect them to go there. Hamilton is gone, but he was the slow one. These others guys run 4.3 iirc.

wyatt had a wonderlic of 8. AFC scout: “Struggles to learn. Aptitude concerns are real."
That's the easy part, he's been in a lot of trouble down here repeatedly, including some pending charges depending on what the DA decides.

He can be a beast on the field but his off-field demons are what make this guy a gamble. Don't be surprised if he gets some vaca from the NFL at some point.

wyatt had a wonderlic of 8. AFC scout: “Struggles to learn. Aptitude concerns are real."
As mentioned in the Quay Walker thread seems wonderlic is a lot less a concern with teams then it used to be. I am with Mark I am more concerned about what he does off the field. His past makes you worry he does something in the future. Hopefully he learned from his past and keeps his nose clean.

As mentioned in the Quay Walker thread seems wonderlic is a lot less a concern with teams then it used to be. I am with Mark I am more concerned about what he does off the field. His past makes you worry he does something in the future. Hopefully he learned from his past and keeps his nose clean.
i would say that his off the field actions are just confirmation of his wonderlic score.

The first 2022 first-round pick now has agreed to terms: former Georgia standout Devonte Wyatt and the Packers reached agreement on a four-year, fully guaranteed $12.86 million deal that includes a $6.53 million signing bonus, per source.

I wonder if they were able to put anything into the contract that he has any more issues with the law his contract voids and losses all his guaranteed money.

Last edited:
That's the easy part, he's been in a lot of trouble down here repeatedly, including some pending charges depending on what the DA decides.

He can be a beast on the field but his off-field demons are what make this guy a gamble. Don't be surprised if he gets some vaca from the NFL at some point.
If there are “pending charges” hanging over his head, then the packers better be dang sure that nothing is going to come from that.
Otherwise, this is a massively foolish pick.

They could have taken Watson at #28 and used both 2nd round picks on other positions.

Back