2024 Draft Thread

I would have to trade down if I want a safety I am just not sure there might be one worth taking at 25 and I just don't want to reach for one.
Your basing that on all those mass media boards, because they have insert player at 40, doesn't mean 6 NFL teams have him in their top 20. Each team has a different formula in ranking players, position etc.

For whatever it's worth, my understanding of DeJean's injury is that it's not a knee, it was a broken fibula further down his leg (it's referred to most places as a lower leg injury). Reading between the lines, it sounds like there was the broken bone plus ligament damage maybe around the ankle or foot (similar to Stokes?) - last part is my assumption because I think bone actually heals faster than tendons and ligaments.

If it was just a bone it wouldn't bother me at all, it's the other stuff that does kinda freak me out.
After a couple other players ( a WR comes to mind) with Red flags we should be steering clear of those type of players in my book. I could see them draft him and he gets tangled in camp and boom IR rookie year. :rolleyes:

Your basing that on all those mass media boards, because they have insert player at 40, doesn't mean 6 NFL teams have him in their top 20. Each team has a different formula in ranking players, position etc.
Even in GB's recent history, Darnell Savage was kinda floating around Rd2-3 up until the draft and GB traded up into the 1st to go get him. PFF had him top 30. Others had him top 70.

Last year with everything going on obviously Gute kinda let that position rot but the last time it was such a need was 2019, and that's the year he went out and spent money on Amos and then followed up by using premium picks on Savage. I'm pretty confident we'll see a similar approach again this year.

I think for most part teams top 100 draft boards are pretty much set.
while that is probably true, that doesn't change the fact that all the draft "experts" will revise their opinions after the combine.

For whatever it's worth, my understanding of DeJean's injury is that it's not a knee, it was a broken fibula further down his leg (it's referred to most places as a lower leg injury). Reading between the lines, it sounds like there was the broken bone plus ligament damage maybe around the ankle or foot (similar to Stokes?) - last part is my assumption because I think bone actually heals faster than tendons and ligaments.

If it was just a bone it wouldn't bother me at all, it's the other stuff that does kinda freak me out.
Iowa defensive back Cooper DeJean will not participate in testing and position drills at the NFL Scouting Combine next week, The Athletic reported on Thursday.

I have heard a variety of stuff on his injury, broken fib and an ACL tear is what the Badger folks say. Plus some issues with his foot. It's a risk reward pick no doubt. GB has a bad history with those though.

Iowa defensive back Cooper DeJean will not participate in testing and position drills at the NFL Scouting Combine next week, The Athletic reported on Thursday.

I have heard a variety of stuff on his injury, broken fib and an ACL tear is what the Badger folks say. Plus some issues with his foot. It's a risk reward pick no doubt. GB has a bad history with those though.
All depends how his meds look at combine. Also DeJean might be a guy you bring in for a top 30 draft visit in April and give him another phyiscal to see how he is healing.

Though that is something I respect more for Gute doing is using some of his top 30 visits to bring in guys who will be day one or two draft picks. Ted's mind he would never waste one top 30 visit for anyone who was not ranked a UDFA.

That’s the first I heard about an ACL with him. Only reason i’m skeptical is because of the recovery time. That injury was 3 months ago, if he had acl damage i can’t imagine he’d be in any shape to workout at all pre-draft. Who knows though, it’s just odd to me when they keep these injuries non-specific and vague

Back