AR Prediction Thread

There are professions where being part of it becomes your whole life. Football is one of them. I discovered that as a police officer.

All your friends are in the same profession. Rarely do you have a lot to do with people outside that sphere. It's part of the communications problems. People want to use your profession as a talking point on almost everything, when they're not in it.

As an example, as an off duty cop, going to a party, with friends. He introduces you to a member of their circle. "John. I'd like you to meet Phil. He's a Chicago cop." "Whoa! You're not here to arrest me are you?" John responds, laughing, putting his hand out to shake. "No," Phil says, already noting the distancing, "not today. Maybe tomorrow." Phil laughs too. Of course, at this point, John excuses himself, and moves around the room talking to everyone, and the first point of discussion is the new guy, Phil, who's a cop. Be careful what you say to him.

Then, your having a drink is gauged by others. A few will swear you had several, and went home drunk, driving your car. They'll swear they saw you weaving down the road. Of course they didn't. They just "say it."

To put it bluntly, you're the novelty in the room. You're not comfortable, because too many people in the room are uncomfortable with you being there. Usually, you make an excuse as to why you have to leave early, and get the hell out of there, because you feel like you're in a packing plant, and it's damned cold!

Rodgers is caught in that dilemma. I don't envy him. I don't particularly like him, because I think he's way too into himself. That said, I had people tell me, when I was a cop, that I was "too into myself." I guess that was often because I was very guarded with what I said, in public. Of course, nearly everything I said when I was pissed off came back, usually misconstrued, unintentionally, or intentionally, to bite me on the rear.

Eventually you decide it isn't worth it, and the only people you associate with, or talk to, are just like you, in the same boat. Cops.

Closing that chapter of your life is not easy. You know, inside, that when you do, you're no longer a part of the most important part of your life, outside of faith and family. The moment you make the decision, and turn in your papers, all your friends will no longer be your friends, because they're part of the circle you just left.

You don't believe it? It works like this. On your last day, you get together with all your friends from work. You have a few drinks, they all say; "Don't be a stranger! Stop in at the station anytime, for a visit. We need to get together for drinks once in a while. I'll give you a call." You smile, and go separate ways after the gathering.

You go home, and wait for those calls. They never come. So, you stop at the station. You no longer have access. The guys you worked with stop out in the entry to shake your hand, and tell you how busy they are, or they'd stick around a talk with you, maybe go out for coffee. It's not happening. It just don't work that way.

Firefighters see this too. It's a private club. You're no longer a member. If you understand this, you will know what's going through Rodgers' mind. I don't envy him for a moment. I went through something similar as a police officer.

You go home, and wait for those calls. They never come. So, you stop at the station. You no longer have access. The guys you worked with stop out in the entry to shake your hand, and tell you how busy they are, or they'd stick around a talk with you, maybe go out for coffee. It's not happening. It just don't work that way.

Firefighters see this too. It's a private club. You're no longer a member. If you understand this, you will know what's going through Rodgers' mind. I don't envy him for a moment. I went through something similar as a police officer.
I fully understand it and went through it however you and I had a pension, he reportedly has 130 million in the bank, is a minority owner of the bucks, has stakes in two companies and wants to golf dozens of courses in retirement as well as take a 6 month tour of Europe( his words not mine) Don't think we equate in his realm TW. greedy(

I fully understand it and went through it however you and I had a pension, he reportedly has 130 million in the bank, is a minority owner of the bucks, has stakes in two companies and wants to golf dozens of courses in retirement as well as take a 6 month tour of Europe( his words not mine) Don't think we equate in his realm TW. greedy(
I think it transcends the money. Just my opinion, because I think he figures there's so much of it he has that doesn't matter to him.

Twitter Jet fans are flying high thinking Rodgers will be traded to them. If true fine if even for a 3rd round pick I am fine with that

Twitter Jet fans are flying high thinking Rodgers will be traded to them. If true fine if even for a 3rd round pick I am fine with that
Arod will not allow a trade to Jets. He would hate that area and that media..

He's not the Broadway Joe type. He's more of a Layed Back Lily. :)
Though he’s not even that laid back. He’s a pretentious prick (no offense Bud) who pretends to be laid back… he’d be awful at a party…

Though wait a sec. Pretentious prick, uptight but thinks he’s laid back, doesn’t like to be questioned, whiny, thinks he’s the smartest…. He may actually fit right in in New Jersey :unsure:

Last edited:
I just hope this week there is some ending. Either he is traded or he agrees to some way to restruture his contract.

Back