Davante Traded!?

17 was an outstanding route runner and that’s not debatable. You can make the case and rightfully so he does not have top end speed but he’s got hands and know how to separate
From what I have read, Olave is also an outstanding route runner and he ran a 4.3 40. I hope the Packers can get him.

From what I have read, Olave is also an outstanding route runner and he ran a 4.3 40. I hope the Packers can get him.
I don't see him lasting until then. Too many WR needy teams ahead of GB.

Or was it Adams that made Rodgers look better than he is?! *shudder*

Shocked(
Equal parts, imo.

Adams worked hard at his craft coming out of Fresno St, but Rodgers had to remake himself after being a Ted Tedford college QB.
The same line of thinking applies to Jennings, James Jones, and Jordy Nelson.

They were partnerships between QB and WR

Just a personal observation here. I think the Packers front office has made some fairly slick moves. Adding a 1st and 2nd round pick this year is an opportunity to fill four spots for several years in advance, if they get the picks right. Secondly, they got under the cap and still held onto Rodgers, and Campbell.

Put the Rodgers issue aside, and realize that Rodgers will find receivers on the field that he trusts. He's still good enough to hit them, if they work to get open. Losing Adams was huge, but not the end of the world. Choosing between Rodgers and Adams, I keep Rodgers. Forget about the age. You need a QB who can win.

Cutting our punter was a good decision. I've been saying since the kicking game became an issue that it was a question of chemistry in the kicking trio, and the holder wasn't consistent, and neither was the long snapper. I wonder if there will be a new long snapper in house as well.

This could be one of the most interesting drafts that any of us have seen with the Packers. They have so many options. They could trade down with one of their first round picks and grab a high 2nd and 3rd, adding to their wealth of picks. They could even trade down on the second one, and add a couple of more. They could trade one of their first rounders this year to a team that's going to flop next year for their first in 2023, along with.... let's say a 3rd or 4th this year. Imagine having a top 5 or 6 pick in 2023. Then there's the packaging deal, where they take possibly both of our firsts and turn it into a top 10 pick this year? What about throwing in a 2nd with it, and getting into the top 5? Lots of options. I'm gonna be watching this draft closer than I have in recent years.

I'm not thrilled with Rodgers being back with the contract he's getting, but "if" it turns into a run at a championship in both 2022 & 2023, that's a damned sight better than it would have been had they sent him packing, and gone with Love under center. Anyway, that's my opinion. We can bite the bullet in 2024, and I think it's going to be more like a cannon ball.

Secondly, they got under the cap and still held onto Rodgers, and Campbell.
You might want to include Adams in this sentence as well, because it allowed them to tag/trade him.

Now that Adams contract finally off the books, Packers have $20M in cap space. Will Douglas be signed today?
Will they shop from a mid-tier WR today?
Maybe bring back Dennis Kelly for some OT insurance?

Back