Official Packers Off Season Thread

Rodgers get do it by himself. If Ted is not improving talent on this team you won't get to a SB. Look at Favre only got to one SB because later on he just did not have the talent around him to be a SB level team.

Just getting the guys that were injured back and healthy is an immediate improvement. Monty and Jordy back with Cobb Adams and Abby/Janis can be formidable. Cobb was dinged up all year first with the ankle then his knee, Adams had the ankle, Monty missed half the season, And Abby and Janis never really got a chance. Abby can get open and will be productive if healthy from the beginning of the year. I can't see this team going after a WR. Who do you cut? Janis, Abby, Adams? If they get a real TE threat next year that would change everything too. Most important upgrades remain OL, TE and ILB.

Under the 'we won't know 'til it happens' umbrella, Hunter seems to be the consensus pick at TE, so expecting him to be there at the end of round #2 is probably unrealistic.

I would not be against grabbing him in round 1 and then going OT in round 2. If he is as good as advertised he will immediately produce and improve the offense.

I'm having a hard time believing 2016 is the last season we will have a chance with AR at the helm. Next December he will be only 33 years old. That isn't ancient for an NFL QB.

I broke it down in my post on the first page of this thread, if not this thread than another. 2016 is really the last, big, realistic shot we have at going into a season thinking we can easily be one of the teams in contention at the end of it (barring, you know, injuries). It's just the way the contracts in place are set up. 3/5ths (Bakhtiari, Sitton, and Lang) of the Oline is a free agent after next season. Linsley and Tretter are up the year after that. We'll probably get some of those guys back, but I wouldn't count on all 5. Which is why OL might be a bigger need in the draft than other spots. And if we don't have a good line, well we've seen what that looks like before.

That's the biggest reason why I'd say after 2016, as we know things to be right now, is when the window starts closing.

have to see how draft UDFA signings go. Because as we all know depth is what gets you to the SB.. Because injuries are going to happen.

The fact we have a FA list this year that is 17 players long and only 2 or 3 of those are worth considering for anything more than minimum (and one of them is the K) shows how poor the depth is on this team.

Andy Mulumba-Vet min or gone

B.J. Raji- Hot/cold and marshmallow...bye

Casey Hayward-Most people are writing him off as gone due to the play of Randall and how far Rollins has come along. But Hayward is one hell of a dime corner. If a team like the Jags who over paid for house last year wants to throw big money at him, see ya, but I have no issues paying him 4 to 5 million to play nickel.

Chris Banjo-Vet min or gone, really provides nothing for us outside of ST.

Don Barclay- bye

James Jones-Can't see him coming back, have to think TT goes for a WR again and won't carry 7 WR.

James Starks- If another team wants to pay a 30 year old RB, well its been a great ride neo.

John Kuhn-Gone, I'ts been fun kuhn, but 2 FB's on the 53 is pushing it, but 2 on the 46 is absurd. We'll need to use the spot for OLB or TE next year.

Justin Perillo-Peace-Need someone who can stretch the field to complaint R. Rodgers. Really wouldn't have an issue if he's a camp body.

Lane Taylor-He'll be a starter somewhere

Letroy Guion-Took a step back this year after an excellent 2014, can get a rookie or UDFA

Mason Crosby- Well command a steep price..pass

Michael Neal- Toss up

Nick Perry-Bust, can't stay on the field. If he wants to play for the vet minimum, sure but he can't be counted on and we need fresh blood at that spot.

Scott Tolzien-One more year close to the vet min, if another team wants to overpay him go ahead. Hundley is probably one more year away from us being comfortable turning over the 2 spot 2, but no reason to turn Scott away.

Sean Richardson-Career over

I broke it down in my post on the first page of this thread, if not this thread than another. 2016 is really the last, big, realistic shot we have at going into a season thinking we can easily be one of the teams in contention at the end of it (barring, you know, injuries). It's just the way the contracts in place are set up. 3/5ths (Bakhtiari, Sitton, and Lang) of the Oline is a free agent after next season. Linsley and Tretter are up the year after that. We'll probably get some of those guys back, but I wouldn't count on all 5. Which is why OL might be a bigger need in the draft than other spots. And if we don't have a good line, well we've seen what that looks like before.

That's the biggest reason why I'd say after 2016, as we know things to be right now, is when the window starts closing.

If you think 2016 is the last realistic shot we have for a championship because we won't have some of the guys back that are on the roster now and Rodgers is getting up there in age we shall agree to disagree. Every year we have a turnover in players. As long as Ted keeps replenishing the roster will young new talent and Rodgers is under center and playing well the window isn't closing.

To be fair, Crease had many more qualifiers in his expectations after 2016. "Big", "easily" in the first paragraph, and the whole second read like things probably will be slipping, but there is plenty of wiggle room. Not even sure you need to agree to the disagreement. :)

To be fair, Crease had many more qualifiers in his expectations after 2016. "Big", "easily" in the first paragraph, and the whole second read like things probably will be slipping, but there is plenty of wiggle room. Not even sure you need to agree to the disagreement. :)

It was certainly a more-than-half empty post, that's for sure. And it's predicated on nothing more than looking at the team right now, and at the areas where I truly believe you have to be good at to have a good team: both lines.

And I certainly agree that there's turnover, and TT definitely does a good job at keeping the roster young and new, its tough to replace the amount of talent that could potentially leave.

Things could certainly change, and I would hope they do! We could resign all our starting linemen, we could have one hell of a draft, we could land an unexpected free agent.

I was just trying to point out areas that need to really be looked at this off season.

Just getting the guys that were injured back and healthy is an immediate improvement. Monty and Jordy back with Cobb Adams and Abby/Janis can be formidable. Cobb was dinged up all year first with the ankle then his knee, Adams had the ankle, Monty missed half the season, And Abby and Janis never really got a chance. Abby can get open and will be productive if healthy from the beginning of the year. I can't see this team going after a WR. Who do you cut? Janis, Abby, Adams? If they get a real TE threat next year that would change everything too. Most important upgrades remain OL, TE and ILB.

Have to get CM3 back on the outside. Loved him on the inside as he is dynamic wherever he plays but his pass rushing skills are undeniable. I liked that he was inside because they could disguise his whereabouts a little better. Barrington coming back coupled with Ryan? Maybe that's the solution. Would like to see Peppers back in a situational type role so another pass rusher on the outside would be great.

Back