Official Packers Off Season Thread

... Barrington coming back coupled with Ryan? Maybe that's the solution. ...

even if that is the "solution" - and i'm not sure it is - we clearly need depth at this position. personally, i'm not sold on barrington as a starter (think he's too fragile), and i don't think we've seen enough of ryan yet to know for sure. this is one position where thompson definitely had options in the free agent market - options that were available very late in free agency. and some of those options that many of us were hoping for turned out to be pretty good for the teams that eventually grabbed them.

i have to wonder if the stuff about moving clay back outside is just lip service though. now there is talk of converting datone jones to linebacker. he's obviously not going to play inside. i sure hope we draft a good inside backer.

If we decided to upgrade at LT I'd rather try to snag Joe Thomas for our first rounder. Get 5 years of the best LT in football for pretty much the remainder of Rodgers' career.

From what I read, the asking price has always been more than a first-rounder. However, he's older now (has to be cheaper every year), they're certainly in a total rebuilding mode (so having him around for those five years would be akin to wasting AR's prime), so maybe the extra first for them might be enough, now. Good point.

I'd send them #27 for Thomas and his contract and call it a day.

Add that to my list above as to reasons it might happen. Why would the Browns invest $10mil/yr in a premier LT when there's nobody to protect?

Add that to my list above as to reasons it might happen. Why would the Browns invest $10mil/yr in a premier LT when there's nobody to protect?

On the Footballs Future's Browns forum the fans there don't want the team to trade Thomas away just in case they draft the Cal QB Goff.

On the Footballs Future's Browns forum the fans there don't want the team to trade Thomas away just in case they draft the Cal QB Goff.
Footballs future is filled with kids under 21 that don't have a clue... a worse source for anything FB you can't find.

Back