Official Packers Off Season Thread

Resign one of Guion/Raji and Perry/Neal. I wouldnt mind having Hayward return based on his recent play but my guess is he gets us a comp pick by getting good money elsewhere. Also resign Crosby and Starks once he tests the market and sees that other teams wont pay him to be their #1.

Kuhn and Richardson likely retire. I think we let Tolzien walk and let Hundley take the backup spot. Also we likely let Jones walk regardless of Rodgers wanting to bring him back.

As for the draft, i would run to the podium in the first round if either Jaylon Smith or Johnathan Bullard are available.

After reading all the posts regarding all the injured players returning, I wouldn't mind seeing a new trainer. 'Cause what they're doing ain't workin'!

This team was pretty nicked up and those injuries were concentrated at OL and WR, but overall, compared to the rest of the league, I believe GB had one of the lowest numbers of players on IR. Don't think they're different than league average in injuries.

I would keep Crosby. He has been a great kicker except for his one year slump. I would like to see TT bring in a legitimate kicker for competition. It just feels like Mathstay struggled all year.

I would like to see Raji or Guion and like everyone else another TE that could stretch the field. TT better draft more WR and MM needs to scheme to his players strengths instead of trying to force them in to his scheme.

I also think that they need to find some more quality OL. They need to keep Tretter. Let Barclay go.

This team was pretty nicked up and those injuries were concentrated at OL and WR, but overall, compared to the rest of the league, I believe GB had one of the lowest numbers of players on IR. Don't think they're different than league average in injuries.

IR wouldn't bother me as much. One of the bright spots in 2010 was, despite 15 or so on IR, the folks brought in or moved up to take their places were, for the most part, at least as effective, sometimes more. This hear, it was a pretty sparse IR roster, with a lot more guys on the 53 that were too banged up to play

But the number of injuries hitting those 2 offensive units contributed to our offensive struggles IMO. It didn't help that our fabulous QB had an off year - at least off for him. I can think of several NFL starting QBs who wouldn't mind having his numbers from this year.

Last edited:
I would keep Crosby. He has been a great kicker except for his one year slump. I would like to see TT bring in a legitimate kicker for competition. It just feels like Mathstay struggled all year.

I would like to see Raji or Guion and like everyone else another TE that could stretch the field. TT better draft more WR and MM needs to scheme to his players strengths instead of trying to force them in to his scheme.

I also think that they need to find some more quality OL. They need to keep Tretter. Let Barclay go.

I wouldn't mind keeping both Raji and Guion. I don't think you have too many big guys on the D line to keep 'em fresh. I agree, we need a speedy TE. I don't know if we about WR. I think ILB is more pressing need. Barclay to me seems to be a better guard than tackle. Perhaps we keep Tretter as the T backup and Don the main backup guard?

After reading all the posts regarding all the injured players returning, I wouldn't mind seeing a new trainer. 'Cause what they're doing ain't workin'!

i'm wondering why the Strength & Conditioning coach wasn't called out or fired.. Because if a star player on your roster has crappy conditioning, then he isn't doing his job.

i'm wondering why the Strength & Conditioning coach wasn't called out or fired.. Because if a star player on your roster has crappy conditioning, then he isn't doing his job.

If a player comes into camp as out of shape as Lacy was, it's too late.

But the number of injuries hitting those 2 offensive units contributed to our offensive struggles IMO. It didn't help that our fabulous QB had an off year - at least off for him. I can think of several NFL starting QBs who wouldn't mind having his numbers from this year.

Hmm, maybe. The TD:INT ratio was very good as always, but his YPA was putrid. It's almost unfathomable for him to drop from consistent top 3 in the league in that stat to bottom 2. Speaks not only to the lack of receiving threats but also a distinct fall off in his play. Generally I think Packer fans are a spoiled bunch, myself included. Rodgers has been a historically productive and efficient QB and - I've been saying this since pre-Jordy injury - the efficient and torrid pace of scoring we saw last year was not likely to be repeated this year regardless, so fans were going to have to get used to a return to the mean so to speak. Even still, this year was a cluster of physical inability and mental and emotional stagnation on all parts, coaches and players and front office. I'm still relatively optimistic because this group has done it before, but a lot didn't work this year and they need to make changes, and they certainly can't afford to go into another season with glaring holes at certain position groups again.

Back