Packers Free Agency: Letroy Guion agrees to 3-year deal, per report

yes very deep class.... Probably the deepest position on the board IMHO.

Though we will have to see if Packers like Boyd and Pennel as future guys. Seems letting Gaston go might have been a mistake.

yes very deep class.... Probably the deepest position on the board IMHO.
That's good news. Mark, how about ILB this year? Do you know? I think that's the big need, along with TE. I would really like to see Ted utilize FA this year. Pipe dream, I know.

That's good news. Mark, how about ILB this year? Do you know? I think that's the big need, along with TE. I would really like to see Ted utilize FA this year. Pipe dream, I know.
meh a few but not that deep... if you want a starter it's going to be in the first 3 rounds maybe the 4th.

Solid signing. Him and Raji are pretty much the same level of player IMO. I think this wraps up free agency for us.

I think this means that we're more likely to see TT lean more toward rush DEs instead of DTs. Bullard instead of Billing, Nassib instead of A. Johnson sort of thing. Might even bring into play OLB with the first round.
Denver showed that pressure defense is equivalent of starting pitching in MLB. Anyone for Noah Spence or Floyd in first round? Guion was more consistent than BJ, pretty good signing.

I think Floyd would be a good pick-up. I don't know about the 1st round though. I don't know how he is rated.

If Jaylon Smith falls to the Packers pick I think TT would be foolish not to take him. While he may not play much if at all in 2016 he is a top talent and wold be worth it going forward.

If Jaylon Smith falls to the Packers pick I think TT would be foolish not to take him. While he may not play much if at all in 2016 he is a top talent and wold be worth it going forward.
Things to consider with a pick like this. Need to make sure meds check out. Second. Hate the idea of a wasted pick for 2016

Things to consider with a pick like this. Need to make sure meds check out. Second. Hate the idea of a wasted pick for 2016
Reading that if his meds check out he can still be a top 10-15 pick so doubt he is even there at 27.

Guion isn't the perfect NT, but he's played the position and would not be the worst choice in the event Raji isn't back. If Raji is not back, TT will likely add a guy in the draft and I'm never opposed to taking a trench guy early if need be. Seems though like there is pretty good quality at DT into Rd 5.

ILB does seem to peter our early, but that partly depends on who you regard as an ILB. There are the true MLB type thumpers and that group is just OK, but there are also some of those undersized ILB who can play in some schemes as a coverage LB, like Alexander, Morrison and Vigil.

There are also college OLBs who project more as coverage type guys that make the group a little deeper. You also have some guys like Schobert who played OLB in college but whom some project inside as a run stopper in the NFL. (That's how I see Schobert. He doesn't have the ideal length/size to play OLB in a 3-4.)

The LB position in general is such a mish-mash depending on what type of defense they played in college and what defense you are projecting them to. An OLB for the Packers is not an OLB for the Vikes.

The Pack could actually use one of each inside - a thumper and a coverage type guy. Therefore I could see both Ragland and Brothers types along with Lee, Smith, Floyd and Cravens as early round options.

Back