Rodgers Wants Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately next year for him the way he wants it is not guaranteed, injury could put a end to that real quick. The last thing I want to see is a lame duck QB who is more distraction than it’s worth. His value is never greater than it is now and from a business perspective you sell when your asset is its highest. The only “win” for the organization is if he comes back and this team wins a Lombardi.
You're assuming of course that someone in GB understands these semantics, I don't think they do.

Unfortunately next year for him the way he wants it is not guaranteed, injury could put a end to that real quick. The last thing I want to see is a lame duck QB who is more distraction than it’s worth. His value is never greater than it is now and from a business perspective you sell when your asset is its highest. The only “win” for the organization is if he comes back and this team wins a Lombardi.
No guarantee for injury of course but you talk all the time about the market dictating value, and I just see more of a potential market for him next year than now, especially with an early start and no uncertainty about what's happening. Odds are very strong that Drew Lock isn't going to become Josh Allen for the Broncos, they are likely to be in on him. Plus if Tua in Miami struggles again, they will likely be in on him. You've spoken about Arizona yourself - another middling year with Murray and that could turn out to be true. As of summer 2021, it's Denver or bust, there's no bidding.

If we're looking for someone to blame on how much it costs to keep a superstar QB, look at the team themselves, and what they're willing to pay. No sense blaming the players for getting what they can out of each contract because that's the name of the game.

The controversy that comes with each elite QB is a reality, simply because teams make them out as "faces of the franchise," and treat them like they're a living god. Then we expect them to just sit back, while teams start to transition away from them, and act like they're pretty much meaningless to them now?

Then there's little comments made by the players, and the media bends it out of proportion. Before you know it, we have a full blown, "He said - she said," moment. Then the fans come down on it. Some think the QB is being mistreated, others think the guy is an ungrateful SOB who should shut up and continue to enjoy that bloated contract he somehow wheedled out of the team. Of course, a lot of them forget that back when the guy was younger, and a real stud, they said he should get anything he wants, because he's gonna lead them to the promised land.

Funny how things work out. It keeps happening, over and over in the NFL. Nobody learns a darned thing, and the QB salaries keep exploding.

Here's Patrick Mahomes contract. There are those that say it's a good deal. Others say it's a trap. It depends on where he's at in a year or two, or if he's injured. A lot of things can happen over 10 years.

View attachment 311
And teams also project revenue/ cap increases over 5 to 10 years to project structure. And sure a pandemic will not be friendly to those projections but that’s short term pain. Players understand that the vast majority of contracts don’t go full term. Hence they want some big hit compensation short term (signing bonus / roster bonus ). It’s the way the CBA works like it or not

I do not feel he will retire or sit out a season, He has personal goals and doing so would set him back. He wants to play at GB until 40, After that he would think it over and see if he has the health and desire to play longer. GB seems to be putting his plans in the dumpster, So what will Rodgers do then? Play this year and get traded? How much does his new wife play in his decision I wonder?

No guarantee for injury of course but you talk all the time about the market dictating value, and I just see more of a potential market for him next year than now, especially with an early start and no uncertainty about what's happening. Odds are very strong that Drew Lock isn't going to become Josh Allen for the Broncos, they are likely to be in on him. Plus if Tua in Miami struggles again, they will likely be in on him. You've spoken about Arizona yourself - another middling year with Murray and that could turn out to be true. As of summer 2021, it's Denver or bust, there's no bidding.
If his skills decline the market shrinks. If he’s injured the market collapses. Right now, coming off an MVP year his market is maximized. He’s also fighting Father Time. And if Tua or Murray don’t struggle that further shrinks things. Too many things have to go right to have a stronger market next off season

If his skills decline the market shrinks. If he’s injured the market collapses. Right now, coming off an MVP year his market is maximized. He’s also fighting Father Time. And if Tua or Murray don’t struggle that further shrinks things. Too many things have to go right to have a stronger market next off season
I still think his market is limited for his age and his salary

But you have to be a top tier talent to get a tag. Most guys won't get that
Yes but it’s not the point. And many of those “non top tier “ talents who sign a 4-5 year contract will never see it past 2-3 seasons for “cap purposes”. Like I said you don’t even get freedom of choice coming out of college but that’s a entirely different issue

Yes but it’s not the point. And many of those “non top tier “ talents who sign a 4-5 year contract will never see it past 2-3 seasons for “cap purposes”. Like I said you don’t even get freedom of choice coming out of college but that’s a entirely different issue
Yeah and you let wide open FA happen out of college you would never see pardoy much because you would see top talent choosing to go to good teams and bad teams being bad for a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back