Wisconsin and NIL

D3 $47 per student. SMH that might get them food for 1-2 weeks

Learfield is entering the name, image and likeness space by offering its corporate partners who already have deals with schools like Duke, FSU, Florida and Wisconsin, the option to add official school marks to NIL deals. Learfield will not negotiate deal with athlete.

So much for all the bull thrown out about how the NIL isn't going to amount to much. This is just the first of four programs being worked out at Texas, to give some nifty money to kids who decide to choose the Longhorns as their home team.

It was obvious from the start it was going to happen, regardless of what some people said. I have it from a source that the going rate for the right QBs at Texas could go into a nice 6-figure amount.

AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — Six months after one of the biggest rule changes in the history of college sports, money for athletes is being pledged by the millions in a development that has raised concerns about the role of wealthy alumni eager to back their beloved alma maters.

At Texas, one group is dangling $50,000 a year for individual offensive linemen while another says it already has $10 million promised for Longhorns athletes. At Oregon, billioniare Nike founder Phil Knight is part of group helping Ducks athletes line up deals — just one of many interested parties with deep pockets jumping in alongside the apparel companies, energy drink companies, car dealerships and restaurants already signing athletes to endorsement deals.

College football’s first national signing day arrives this week in this new money era. With few rules governing how it all works, the push to dangle cash in front of players already in uniform and lure future stars to campus has created a new, rapidly expanding frontier in college sports with so-called “collectives” and even nonprofits popping up to play ball.

So much for all the bull thrown out about how the NIL isn't going to amount to much. This is just the first of four programs being worked out at Texas, to give some nifty money to kids who decide to choose the Longhorns as their home team.

It was obvious from the start it was going to happen, regardless of what some people said. I have it from a source that the going rate for the right QBs at Texas could go into a nice 6-figure amount.

AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — Six months after one of the biggest rule changes in the history of college sports, money for athletes is being pledged by the millions in a development that has raised concerns about the role of wealthy alumni eager to back their beloved alma maters.

At Texas, one group is dangling $50,000 a year for individual offensive linemen while another says it already has $10 million promised for Longhorns athletes. At Oregon, billioniare Nike founder Phil Knight is part of group helping Ducks athletes line up deals — just one of many interested parties with deep pockets jumping in alongside the apparel companies, energy drink companies, car dealerships and restaurants already signing athletes to endorsement deals.

College football’s first national signing day arrives this week in this new money era. With few rules governing how it all works, the push to dangle cash in front of players already in uniform and lure future stars to campus has created a new, rapidly expanding frontier in college sports with so-called “collectives” and even nonprofits popping up to play ball.
Plain and simple I said it's going to be were schools have back door deals set up for kids saying soon as you sign some business will sign kids to NIL deals it will be whomever offers the biggest deal gets the kid.

Not sure how it will manifest itself, but once the door was opened I figured there'd be schools and boosters who would find ways to use NIL money to lure players to schools. I'm sure they will find ways to stay within the rules and use it as an inducement during recruiting. It will only further separate the "have's" from the "have not's".

Plain and simple I said it's going to be were schools have back door deals set up for kids saying soon as you sign some business will sign kids to NIL deals it will be whomever offers the biggest deal gets the kid.
So then basically just like it has been the last 20 years. I digress. The so called “back door” deals with NIL will be much more difficult to do. State laws and for the that matter tax laws will make it difficult to hide income. Will it happen? Probably but not to a large extent. Florida is already revising some parts of its law.

Great. Good for the kids. U of Florida has a similar program, so does Oklahoma and amongst others. I don’t buy it’s a bidding war.

Quinn Ewers left Texas to go to OSU and he’s a Trevor Lawrence type talent. Only reason he transferred is he was not seeing the field for 3 years. Florida is revising it law as are others. It’s a good thing

Not sure how it will manifest itself, but once the door was opened I figured there'd be schools and boosters who would find ways to use NIL money to lure players to schools. I'm sure they will find ways to stay within the rules and use it as an inducement during recruiting. It will only further separate the "have's" from the "have not's".
The issue i see playing out is who enforces any violation. NCAA can’t and won’t police any state NIL laws and the last thing they want to do is get “tough “ on their own guidelines which are at best flimsy. Will states fine people who violate? Turn in schools who violate?

gp((

Back