Wisconsin and NIL

I honestly question what has changed. Florida, FSU and Miami who reside in a state with the most liberal NIL law and tax free status were not a factor in the early period. Jimbo recruited well before NIL and the rest in the top 25 were perineal in the top 25 with the exception of Kentucky and Missouri and Indiana. Same song different verse.

Right now brands are not jumping in with 2 feet. Brennan got the car deal @ LSU and flamed out, same with King @ Miami who probably cashed in more than anyone. Hell the best NIL deals so far are the twin hoops players @ Fresno State.

When NIL begins to flip wins and losses then let’s judge the impact since it’s not there yet

And then there is this….
The NCAA has sent out an NIL Letter of Inquiry to a school in a state without an NIL law. The NCAA is fishing. Gets back to my earlier point on enforcement.

Let's not go down this path. The NCAA blew their opportunity to control this whole thing. Now it's in the hands of the big boys, with money and a lot of political clout. The things I mentioned a long time ago, about the University of Texas, and the money, wasn't some off the wall information, it came from people who were in the know, on what's happening, and where it's happening.

When I said that Ewers was coming back to Texas for the money he could get, I wasn't speculating, I knew it, because of my sources. I knew it was happening long before he even announced he was using the portal. He's about to become very well compensated for playing here.

I'm not going to belabor the point, so make of it as you will. It's coming to a lot of other states, and programs. There's no longer any way that you can talk about the "purity of the game," because that's long gone. It's now professional football.

NIL Money

Let's not go down this path. The NCAA blew their opportunity to control this whole thing. Now it's in the hands of the big boys, with money and a lot of political clout. The things I mentioned a long time ago, about the University of Texas, and the money, wasn't some off the wall information, it came from people who were in the know, on what's happening, and where it's happening.

When I said that Ewers was coming back to Texas for the money he could get, I wasn't speculating, I knew it, because of my sources. I knew it was happening long before he even announced he was using the portal. He's about to become very well compensated for playing here.

I'm not going to belabor the point, so make of it as you will. It's coming to a lot of other states, and programs. There's no longer any way that you can talk about the "purity of the game," because that's long gone. It's now professional football.

NIL Money
This is why NIL money needs to be capped. Not have a free for all were players are on open market to be bought to highest biddger.

NIL Money
My point is that Ewers would never have went to OSU if the cash was there. He’s in the portal also because he’s not seeing the field in Columbus for 2 years if that. That NIL money was out there then and yes he’s already signed deals. It’s not like Texas is the only program out there with deep pockets and internal NIL programs. I know for a fact that Florida does also, same with Oklahoma and others.

It’s been professional football for decades let’s not kid ourselves. Now it’s out in the open. Good for the kids

This is why NIL money needs to be capped. Not have a free for all were players are on open market to be bought to highest biddger.
Disagree. Let the free market decide. Now what does need to happen is uniformity in NIL laws and make sure that playing field is equal

My point is that Ewers would never have went to OSU if the cash was there. He’s in the portal also because he’s not seeing the field in Columbus for 2 years if that. That NIL money was out there then and yes he’s already signed deals. It’s not like Texas is the only program out there with deep pockets and internal NIL programs. I know for a fact that Florida does also, same with Oklahoma and others.

It’s been professional football for decades let’s not kid ourselves. Now it’s out in the open. Good for the kids
Of course he wouldn't have left the state had he known the money would be there. He left because there were no discussions with him about NIL money. Until what the state laws would be, and how money would be gathered and distributed, there was nothing to discuss.

But, in the meantime, it was already in the mill to pay the kids in Texas, and the laws were being written to create loopholes that would allow them to get healthy "salary level" incomes out of it. It just wasn't on the table, but for some of us, who knew what was happening based on real information from people doing the organizing and lobbying, we already knew where it was going, and how it would play out. That's exactly why I said that it was coming way back when I did. I knew, based on the information I had, it was coming.

The moment Ewers knew he could get the money down here in Texas, he pretty much ended his interest in Ohio State. He could come home, the local hero, and get the money.

It's just the start. And, there won't be any limits imposed by the NCAA. They already lost that point of control.

Of course he wouldn't have left the state had he known the money would be there. He left because there were no discussions with him about NIL money. Until what the state laws would be, and how money would be gathered and distributed, there was nothing to discuss.

But, in the meantime, it was already in the mill to pay the kids in Texas, and the laws were being written to create loopholes that would allow them to get healthy "salary level" incomes out of it. It just wasn't on the table, but for some of us, who knew what was happening based on real information from people doing the organizing and lobbying, we already knew where it was going, and how it would play out. That's exactly why I said that it was coming way back when I did. I knew, based on the information I had, it was coming.

The moment Ewers knew he could get the money down here in Texas, he pretty much ended his interest in Ohio State. He could come home, the local hero, and get the money.

It's just the start. And, there won't be any limits imposed by the NCAA. They already lost that point of control.
Yep the top blue chippers will be going to what 5 or 6 figure NIL's they get to sign.

Reactions: TW

Good great for the kids. Props to everyone who has cashed in. Ewers had an NIL deal back in August so there’s that also.

I’ve read the Texas law and Florida law which should be a broiler plate for any state. The “Leverage” program @ UT is great. And as I have said similar programs are in force at Florida and other schools.

Bottom line the elite will continue to be the elite. NIL is what it is. Only 6 B1G states have NIL laws. One is Illinois with little or no impact. Same with Nebraska. Ohio and Pennsylvania are 2 others, Michigan and NJ. Fact is Georgia, Florida and Texas have laws in place and they were elite before NIL. SEC schools I believe have the most states. Until it shifts the balance of power it’s really not much

Last edited:
Back