2022 Badger Football Thread

Asked Engram and Chryst what type of offense they'd run this year, they said, "Shitty "

Seems Packers may have dodged a bullet with Leonard passing on the DC job. The Badgers defense is getting worse and worse. Seems Leonard did well when he had Aranda's kids but as those kids graduated and left the defense has not replaced talent.

Wisconsin interim coach Jim Leonhard on O-lineman Logan Brown transferring: "The reality of what happened is that there was an internal incident here within the program and Logan Brown was dismissed from the program. It was not a choice. He was dismissed from the program."

I believe the key we're hearing is that they have committed themselves to recruiting, and increased their budget for recruiting significantly, so they can do more than send kids a postcard with pictures of the UW campus as an enticement to attend UW-M. Minter is no idiot, and someday will be one of the better DI coaches, because he knows that you have to have talent on your team, if you want to win.

No matter who gets the HC job in Madison, let's hope they're given a recruiting budget that lets them get some of these kids from all over the country that they haven't been able to recruit, because of finances. That means making sure you have the right guys to get out there, and make these young men feel like the Durand kid does, who's in next year's incoming class.

I believe the key we're hearing is that they have committed themselves to recruiting, and increased their budget for recruiting significantly, so they can do more than send kids a postcard with pictures of the UW campus as an enticement to attend UW-M. Minter is no idiot, and someday will be one of the better DI coaches, because he knows that you have to have talent on your team, if you want to win.

No matter who gets the HC job in Madison, let's hope they're given a recruiting budget that lets them get some of these kids from all over the country that they haven't been able to recruit, because of finances. That means making sure you have the right guys to get out there, and make these young men feel like the Durand kid does, who's in next year's incoming class.
I don't know if UW has that rich daddy who would sign over a 7 to 8 figure check to help add better resources to the campus or increase a recuriting budget both things UW needs.

I don't know if UW has that rich daddy who would sign over a 7 to 8 figure check to help add better resources to the campus or increase a recuriting budget both things UW needs.
If they don't, they're never going to climb that mountain. When you're #13 in the conference in spending, you need to face facts. You're tight.

And even with an increased budget it’s an uphill climb. And we have beaten that poor horse to death multiple times.

The “other things” point is important. As much as the recruiting budget needs a boost so do the facilities

Back