2022 Badger Football Thread

Thing is what kind or portal kids you going to get to UW? The best ones are going to top programs. UW will be getting the kids who want to start but have no top power 5 wanting them.
That’s actually not the case. Top kids (4-5 star) are not the vast majority hitting the portal. It’s typically kids who want playing time.

That’s actually not the case. Top kids (4-5 star) are not the vast majority hitting the portal. It’s typically kids who want playing time.
Yeah and even those kids won't want to come to UW. They will see if other top power 5 schools have space for them to get playing time. If nothing else they will then settle for a school like UW to get time. UW is a 2nd if not 3rd tier school among power 5's even mid level talent will be ho-hum about going there.

Yeah and even those kids won't want to come to UW. They will see if other top power 5 schools have space for them to get playing time. If nothing else they will then settle for a school like UW to get time. UW is a 2nd if not 3rd tier school among power 5's even mid level talent will be ho-hum about going there.
Actually no. Shaw and Lewis both transferred UCLA, Lewis had offers from Auburn, Illinois & Arkansas, Iowa and multiple P5 schools coming out. Mellusi had no other options? And no it’s not a 3rd tier school but ok

Actually no. Shaw and Lewis both transferred UCLA, Lewis had offers from Auburn, Illinois & Arkansas, Iowa and multiple P5 schools coming out. Mellusi had no other options? And no it’s not a 3rd tier school but ok
I consider schools like Michigan and PSU and some SEC schools to be 2nd tier of Power 5. Do you think UW compares to their level?

I consider schools like Michigan and PSU and some SEC schools to be 2nd tier of Power 5. Do you think UW compares to their level?
Michigan is not a tier 2 school and neither is PSU based on multiple factors.

Michigan is not a tier 2 school and neither is PSU based on multiple factors.
I consider them 2nd tier as schools that will always seem to do well in regular season but not be there come playoff time. UW I see them just a a step below them

I consider them 2nd tier as schools that will always seem to do well in regular season but not be there come playoff time. UW I see them just a a step below them
As mentioned it’s on multiple factors. First a disclaimer. Since the CFP began only OSU has qualified, expect last year which was Michigan. And since it’s only a 4 team playoff structure it’s not even apples to apples comp anyway.

As to PSU since 2014 have went to 3 NY6 bowls. Michigan has went to 3 also. Wisconsin has also went to 3. Both Michigan and PSU have won 1 B1G title in the same time frame. For the record the 2016 PSU title was a 38-31 win over UW

Football revenue UM $201m, PSU $101m, UW $87m

Recruiting footprint? That’s obvious

As mentioned it’s on multiple factors. First a disclaimer. Since the CFP began only OSU has qualified, expect last year which was Michigan. And since it’s only a 4 team playoff structure it’s not even apples to apples comp anyway.

As to PSU since 2014 have went to 3 NY6 bowls. Michigan has went to 3 also. Wisconsin has also went to 3. Both Michigan and PSU have won 1 B1G title in the same time frame. For the record the 2016 PSU title was a 38-31 win over UW

Football revenue UM $201m, PSU $101m, UW $87m

Recruiting footprint? That’s obvious
Thing is MI and PSU played in harder division UW has had benefit of playing in a very weak West divison so it built up wins to get to good bowl games.

Thing is MI and PSU played in harder division UW has had benefit of playing in a very weak West divison so it built up wins to get to good bowl games.
They also play Indiana, Rutgers and Maryland each year. And next year as an example Minnesota get OSU and Michigan as cross over games. It’s only harder because of OSU they get each year. This year UW got OSU as a crossover. Some years it balances out

Back