2022 Training Camp Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
296486460_795041025181485_813590263111939284_n.png

I can't stress enough how important it is that the QB not only throw to receivers who will be open, but make sure the throws don't set them up to take massive hits. I'm afraid that's what a lot of NFL level QBs fail to grasp. Their throws lead the receivers right into that huge contact. I do believe that Adams is going to find that out in his new home.

I can't stress enough how important it is that the QB not only throw to receivers who will be open, but make sure the throws don't set them up to take massive hits. I'm afraid that's what a lot of NFL level QBs fail to grasp. Their throws lead the receivers right into that huge contact. I do believe that Adams is going to find that out in his new home.
Also is on the WR to find soft spots which 17 was very good at. Most of what you are describing comes from crossing routes and the safety filling.

What 12 does so well is using his eyes to manipulate the safety and move him. The other #12 in Tampa is a master of that

This is something that needs to be instantly processed in the QB's brain, and factor into the throws. You can't teach it, you either process all of what you see in front of you or you don't. I have not seen Carr being able to do it anywhere near as well as Rodgers. In fact, I think Brady falls a little short of where Rodgers is in this category, but not by much.

As for Love, I can't tell you how well he processes what he sees in front of him. At this point, it would probably take a lot to impress me.

As for sitting down in open spots, that's a given. It's taught constantly by coaching staffs. What separates the better receivers is how they read the defense on broken plays and can move across the defense to create a target for the QB when he's on the move. That's a top receiver.

This is something that needs to be instantly processed in the QB's brain, and factor into the throws. You can't teach it, you either process all of what you see in front of you or you don't. I have not seen Carr being able to do it anywhere near as well as Rodgers. In fact, I think Brady falls a little short of where Rodgers is in this category, but not by much.

As for Love, I can't tell you how well he processes what he sees in front of him. At this point, it would probably take a lot to impress me.

As for sitting down in open spots, that's a given. It's taught constantly by coaching staffs. What separates the better receivers is how they read the defense on broken plays and can move across the defense to create a target for the QB when he's on the move. That's a top receiver.

I am not sure am 100% getting what your advocating. The spread game and RPO game is about throwing to spots for probably 98% of the QB/WR combo out there.( They stopped teaching sitting down in open spots awhile back TW) Rodgers is one of the few left that didn't play in that O in his pro career even though he wants too. I kind of laugh at the "throw them open" stuff because most of Rodgers are on undesigned plays that very well have gone for picks, nasty habit he learned from Favre. Fun to watch but reckless nonetheless.

Love has barely even really played and 95% of his time has been with the 2nd string or with several key starters out. Let's see him with the other 10 starters for at least 3 quarters of action before anyone of us or that staff really knows.

Anyway just some thoughts. :)

WR have the read a secondary on more than broken plays. Not to be simplistic but they also need to read zone vs man and how a defense rolls coverage. Mark is much more educated on that part of the game.

Rodgers is much more athletic than Brady so he can create more, not at Mahomes level but Brady is snap , read , react and out.

WR have the read a secondary on more than broken plays. Not to be simplistic but they also need to read zone vs man and how a defense rolls coverage. Mark is much more educated on that part of the game.

Rodgers is much more athletic than Brady so he can create more, not at Mahomes level but Brady is snap , read , react and out.
Of course they need to make reads on more than broken plays. This is a second read, based on what's happening when the play has been broken.

44blitz:

I don't want a WR who doesn't look for an open spot on a broken play and sit on it, to give the QB a target, unless his designed route doesn't allow it.

Of course they need to make reads on more than broken plays. This is a second read, based on what's happening when the play has been broken.

44blitz:

I don't want a WR who doesn't look for an open spot on a broken play and sit on it, to give the QB a target, unless his designed route doesn't allow it.
I was referring to option routes which for 98% of rookie WR is a steep learning curve.

The spread system has really hurt so many kids at the next level. A guy like Chase was much more advanced coming out since that system was about as close to a NFL RPO system as you can get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back