2023 Draft Thread

If the Jets trade their 1st for a Rodgers their GM is on crack. Jets are not a QB away from being a SB team. Plus I think Rodgers would say screw that and retire before going to NY.

The Green Bay Packers are among the teams that have met with East Carolina quarterback Holton Ahlers, per Ryan Fowler of The Draft Network.

Fowler reports the Packers have met with Ahlers three times over the last few weeks.

Ahlers (6-3, 237) was the MVP of the NFLPA Collegiate Bowl after completing nine of 12 passes for 189 yards and a touchdown during the American team’s win at the Rose Bowl on Jan. 28. He was also the Player of the Game of the Hula Bowl earlier in January.

During the 2022 season, Ahlers completed 315 of 469 passes for 3,708 yards, 28 touchdowns and five interceptions. He also rushed for six touchdowns. Over his collegiate career, Ahlers threw 97 touchdown passes and rushed for 25 scores.

Ahlers is left handed, strongly built and capable of extending plays with his legs.

The Pirates quarterback threw five touchdown passes and rushed for a sixth score during East Carolina’s win over Coastal Carolina in the Birmingham Bowl in December.

Regardless of Aaron Rodgers’ future, the Packers could be in the market for a young, developmental prospect at quarterback. Ahlers fits the bill as a late-round pick or priority free agent who could spend time developing on the practice squad.

Starting to get more of a feel for the draft. Not really a mock, just guys I like at certain spots in the draft. I've included both the Jets and Raiders early picks because of the possibility of a Rodgers trade.

15 Quentin Johnston - WR (size and speed)
45 Cody Mauch - OT (versatile and fits the scheme)
78 Jammie Robinson - S (possible Amos replacement)
116 Zacch Pickens - DL (big and athletic, a bit of an underperformer in college)
151 Max Duggan - QB (can give you both run and pass, a team guy)
171 Cade Stover - TE (talented athlete, underutilized at tOSU)
234 Tre Tucker - WR (smaller, explosive and elusive, slot guy)
237 SirVocea Dennis - LB (a little undersized but solid tackler, possible core special teamer)
244 Chamarri Conner - S (has some box safety ability, over 800 special teams snaps in college)
257 Wanya Morris - OT (has the measurables, probably best as a RT)

Raiders Picks - trade would net the Packers two of these three
7 Tyree Wilson - ED (most likely edge to fall to 7?, has the size and athleticism Gute seems to prefer)
38 Dalton Kincaid - TE (starting to become my favorite TE, good hands, try-hard blocker)
70 Sam LaPorta - TE (a good fallback option in Rd3, which of course means he'll suck like all Packer Rd3 picks :()

Jets Picks
13 Christian Gonzalez - CB (too much value to pass up)
43 Zach Harrison - ED (another option that fits the size profile they seem to prefer)

Just some names for discussion.

Met with him three times?? Sounds like a good candidate for GB to waste some picks to trade up in mid rounds to get him cause they heard some else wanted him…

Met with him three times?? Sounds like a good candidate for GB to waste some picks to trade up in mid rounds to get him cause they heard some else wanted him…
If he's a 5th pick or later I won't care as those are mostly developmental picks and should go back to the Ron Wolf way of drafting take a QB every year even if late rounds never know when you will hit a guy you can trade later.

Back