After The 2022 Packers Draft

Sorry, McGinn is one of the biggest hacks there ever was in sports. Dont think he ha ever had an article worth the paper it was written on. Skip Bayless is smarter.

With all the OL additions in the draft, I'm curious to see who comes out of camp and which guys get the backup roles. Guessing Nijman and Rhyan get first crack at RT1, unless they decide to finally put Jenkins over there. I'd rather keep him inside. Maybe Zach Tom shows out and can claim it.

Locks for 53 Man:
David Bahktiari
Elgton Jenkins * PUP to start out
Josh Myers
Jon Runyan
Yosh Nijman
Sean Rhyan
-----------------------------
Likley on 53 Man:
Royce Newman
Zach Tom
---------------------------------
Outside Looking in:
Rasheed Walker
Cole Van Lanen
Jake Hansen
Michal Menet

Regarding grades, an exec responded to some praise his team got in the draft. He just shrugged it off - saying something like, "You still have to make them play" or something like that. And then he noted how back in 2012 - when he was with Seattle - they got a 'D' grade by one prominent publication. That was the draft that netted them Bruce Irvin, Russell Wilson and Bobby Wagner.

Don't get me wrong - I want to feel like we've done well. I want to feel like our execs know what they are doing. But in the end, we gotta get these guys to play - and no draft grade is going to change that.

I also don't think it's a ridiculous thing to do. A team should always be assessing their situation. But you just have to understand where you are in the process.

With all respect to Bob, the idea that they should've traded their first round picks to move up into the top 12 for any of these WR seems nuts to me.

Otherwise, Bob is one of the greats. Sometimes he's right, sometimes he's wrong. Just this year, after the Rams got Beckham Jr, Bob said that the player is a cancer and the Rams will go nowhere. All they did was win the Super Bowl. Always appreciate Bob's work.

Regarding grades, an exec responded to some praise his team got in the draft. He just shrugged it off - saying something like, "You still have to make them play" or something like that. And then he noted how back in 2012 - when he was with Seattle - they got a 'D' grade by one prominent publication. That was the draft that netted them Bruce Irvin, Russell Wilson and Bobby Wagner.

Don't get me wrong - I want to feel like we've done well. I want to feel like our execs know what they are doing. But in the end, we gotta get these guys to play - and no draft grade is going to change that.

I also don't think it's a ridiculous thing to do. A team should always be assessing their situation. But you just have to understand where you are in the process.
Interestingly, Bob still hates Bobby Wagner and thinks he's been vastly overrated. He sticks to his guns, give him that!

I don’t care if teams have good or bad draft grades. I’ll read some of them to get additional opinions of the draft but I’m happy with who the Packers picked and feel like they got some good players at positions of need - won’t know if it was a good draft for a few years.

I hope the Vikings, Bears, Lions and every other team in the NFL all have terrible drafts as I want the Packers to be better but I’m not going to pretend to know much about how those players will fit in schematically for other teams.

I do apprecate that these articles get posted that go behind paywalls so we can read them postive or negative.

Projecting the most impactful 2022 rookie classes

3. GREEN BAY PACKERS
R1 (22) — LB QUAY WALKER, GEORGIA
R1 (28) — DI DEVONTE WYATT, GEORGIA
R2 (34) — WR CHRISTIAN WATSON, NORTH DAKOTA STATE
R3 (92) — T SEAN RHYAN, UCLA
R4 (132) — WR ROMEO DOUBS, NEVADA
R4 (140) — T ZACH TOM, WAKE FOREST
R6 (179) — EDGE KINGSLEY ENAGBARE, SOUTH CAROLINA
R7 (228) — S TARIQ CARPENTER, GEORGIA TECH
R7 (234) — DI JONATHAN FORD, MIAMI (FL.)
R7 (249) — T RASHEED WALKER, PENN STATE
R7 (258) — WR SAMORI TOURE, NEBRASKA

As much as Walker was seen as a reach by some, there’s no doubting he is a perfect scheme fit for them defensively — he immediately expands the playbook over what Krys Barnes could do. According to the PFF draft board, Wyatt was one of the biggest steals of the first round and comes NFL-ready after earning a 90.3 overall grade against top SEC competition.

The wild card here is Watson. He enters into an impeccable situation to produce early on with Aaron Rodgers and a clear-cut path to the football field. The only question is how ready he will be for NFL-level physicality after facing FCS competition throughout his career. With 4.36 speed, though, he should at least be able to replace Valdes-Scantling’s role in the offense.

Back