After The 2022 Packers Draft

He has one “it” game vs USC that people had a wet dream over
Still today Rodgers is by far and away better then most QB's taken in the 1st round today. QB pool so bad these guys are being taken way before they should.

So what. It’s not some love fest. He mentioned some positives. The off field stuff was really interesting
Yeah should not be a love fest I just took it he seemed to focus on negatives more then the positives.

Still today Rodgers is by far and away better then most QB's taken in the 1st round today. QB pool so bad these guys are being taken way before they should.
Maybe. Smith and Rodgers were not Lawrence or Elway either

Reactions: #66
This! This is the problem I have. Almost his entire article was negative very little positive on players. I just did not like the article because he was being such a downer on the players and he seemed to gloss over any positives just to focus on the negatives. Also he seemed to bash Gutes 1st and 2nd round picks. I think Gute is well above average when you look at his picks in the 1st and 2nd round who are starting on this team and are above average starters I would say.
And frankly it's posts like yours why I left PC years ago, everything negative has to be a wrong. So he doesn't like this draft class, so what. To be blunt several of you are spoiled and forget what the opposite end of the spectrum was like.

I thought this draft was just okay. They needed a #1 WR didn't get one. Really took a couple of maybes and a bunch of players with "upside". It's been ten years plus since the last SB, a little criticism and skepticism should be the norm.

Sorry about the rant.

And much of the negative was valid. This is not some participation sport and rah rah some guy up.

Some day I would love a GM to say “we did not get the guy we wanted”. Instead of “I was surprised he was still on the board”.
You can tell when guys were not on board when team moves down

And frankly it's posts like yours why I left PC years ago, everything negative has to be a wrong. So he doesn't like this draft class, so what. To be blunt several of you are spoiled and forget what the opposite end of the spectrum was like.

I thought this draft was just okay. They needed a #1 WR didn't get one. Really took a couple of maybes and a bunch of players with "upside". It's been ten years plus since the last SB, a little criticism and skepticism should be the norm.

Sorry about the rant.
When did I ever say everything negative has to be a wrong. I often will critize a player I just think McGinn was acting like all the players had were negative and they were all a bust how he wrote the article.

Sorry about the rant.
Also there was no #1 WR in this draft there was no Chase or Jefferson to draft.

Is if fair to bring up Wyatt's off field issues? Yes it's a big concern but he's also probably the 2nd best DT in the draft. At 28 worth a gamble I think. Also if Wyatt has another off field issue I will say cut him and move on he gets one chance and he blows it with another DV issue he's released.

Walker yes can bring up he scored low on wonderlic but again talent wise he might be the most talented ILB in the draft.

Watson he played at a FSU school and had knee injuries and Packers maybe have spent to much to get him. But team was desperate for a WR and made a move thinking they would not find anything better at 53 I can't blame them for that.

Back