Kizer vs Boyle - Winner take all

While I understand and agree with most of this, what is coming out of D1 ball now and what did in the Favre era is different. Hasselbeck, Brooks, Brunnel even Detmer were more pro ready coming out of pro systems. Guys today are out of spread systems and much more of a crap shoot. I would hope #12's replacement is in college now, he needs to be drafted in the next 1-3 year and if your guy is there take him. Dont think I reach next year but after that yes, depending on the guy. I dont think 12 plays to the end of his deal
I wont ever reach for a QB. Good one worth drafting there sure but you see what happens when teams reach for QBs they are picking them every few years

I wont ever reach for a QB. Good one worth drafting there sure but you see what happens when teams reach for QBs they are picking them every few years
I don’t draft one early was my point, now the following year all bets are off

Spending a 6th or 7th round pick on the future is about as valuable as trading the pick for a case of Gatorade. These aren't guys who very often will ever develop into much as far as field value. Needless to say, that's about all the Packers will invest until the end is obviously near for Rodgers.

Spending a 6th or 7th round pick on the future is about as valuable as trading the pick for a case of Gatorade. These aren't guys who very often will ever develop into much as far as field value. Needless to say, that's about all the Packers will invest until the end is obviously near for Rodgers.
Which is a mistake. Use a 4th or 5th if it’s the right guy for the system

Too me everything hinges on Rodgers play this year. If Rodgers plays like an MVP and shows no signs of slowing down I don't worry about a QB early for the next couple years. If its the opposite I start looking for his replacement next year or the year after. I side with TW in that I think Rodgers plays another 4-5 years and I will add, at a high level.

Too me everything hinges on Rodgers play this year. If Rodgers plays like an MVP and shows no signs of slowing down I don't worry about a QB early for the next couple years. If its the opposite I start looking for his replacement next year or the year after. I side with TW in that I think Rodgers plays another 4-5 years and I will add, at a high level.
I would agree in 2020 no, don’t draft one high but after that if your guy is there you need to seriously consider it. It’s about supply and demand. But all that said I strongly feel you need to draft a QB each year. If there is a development guy there do it, major mistake last year but I understand the reason why

I would agree in 2020 no, don’t draft one high but after that if your guy is there you need to seriously consider it. It’s about supply and demand. But all that said I strongly feel you need to draft a QB each year. If there is a development guy there do it, major mistake last year but I understand the reason why

I believe we have to start the process as well. I realize that in today's NFL market that you have to get the guy on the field by his 3rd year or you're going to end up in a bind with contracts. You don't want to invest a fortune in a guy on the bench if you're not even certain he can step in, and you don't want to let the older guy go before he's run out the string.

In a little different way, that's what was happening with Rodgers and Favre. I think it was split about 50/50 in the fan base as to whether moving on from Favre was the right thing to do. I do believe, looking back, that had they stuck with Favre for two more years as he seemed to want to play around with it, we would have ended up losing Rodgers.

It's a slippery slope with QBs. It's such a big investment from the cap space. Nobody, top to bottom in the league, is immune from the problem.

It's a slippery slope with QBs. It's such a big investment from the cap space. Nobody, top to bottom in the league, is immune from the problem.

And worth watching is if the new CBA addresses the 5th year option and also if the tag is modified. If you draft a guy in 2021 it may impact a timetable

• Informative
Reactions: TW
I can't see owners willing to give up 5th year or FT on players they got to be able to do something to protect a 1st round investment.

Back