Love Boat Thread

Can’t. We are already $51 over the cap. Would have to shave that and $20m more to tag him.
It's possible to keep Rodgers and Adams but would take a ton of work meaning need to cut a bunch of guys and restructure and extend several guys. That won't happen in next 4 weeks so Odds Adams gets a tag is slim to none.

No one is taking Bak he's hurt and no one is trading for a guy who missed all the year with a knee injury. He's in GB for 2022 that's a lock.
And his $39m in dead money makes trading him impossible.

No one is taking Bak he's hurt and no one is trading for a guy who missed all the year with a knee injury. He's in GB for 2022 that's a lock.
Why trade Bakhtiari? This I don't get. How does it help Love succeed to strip the entire team around him? Hell when AR was coming up GB paid to keep a creaky old Chad Clifton around and it was the damn right move.

Why trade Bakhtiari? This I don't get. How does it help Love succeed to strip the entire team around him? Hell when AR was coming up GB paid to keep a creaky old Chad Clifton around and it was the damn right move.
It provides him with cap space and an extra pick or two.

It provides him with cap space and an extra pick or two.
Cap space for what though? A good LT? Cut a good LT and try to buy another one? I get the cost cutting measures, Im on board with moving on from AR and not paying Adams top of market money, im on board with moving on from middle tier guys like Billy Turner and letting Z be a cap casualty and even Preston. I don't think it makes the team better in any way to cut or trade Bahktiari.

Trading BahkT doesn't provide CAP space unless it's after June 1. Before that he makes the CAP worse. Then you still have the problem of getting someone to give up good value for a guy who hasn't shown anything for over a year.

It seems like it would be better to let him work his way back next season and then if it makes sense trade him before the draft next year. The main hitch in that plan is that if you re-work his deal to get CAP relief this year, it rolls the CAP problem into next year making him really hard to trade again. They might be best off not touching his contract if they can avoid it.

The BahkT situation is why I still have OT among my top draft needs. Love (or whoever ends up at QB) will need a good line out there.

Trading BahkT doesn't provide CAP space unless it's after June 1. Before that he makes the CAP worse. Then you still have the problem of getting someone to give up good value for a guy who hasn't shown anything for over a year.

It seems like it would be better to let him work his way back next season and then if it makes sense trade him before the draft next year. The main hitch in that plan is that if you re-work his deal to get CAP relief this year, it rolls the CAP problem into next year making him really hard to trade again. They might be best off not touching his contract if they can avoid it.

The BahkT situation is why I still have OT among my top draft needs. Love (or whoever ends up at QB) will need a good line out there.
I think you leave his deal alone and save cap room elsewhere. IMO he and his contract is the absolute least of their problems.

I know the cap hit changes post 6/1 but how much is the dead money impacted

Back