Love Boat Thread

I was thinking more about AR’s penchant for going “off script” with this post.

But you make me wonder if the KC game might have had a different mix of plays if they’d had a whole week to put a game plan specifically for Love rather than have Love use the game plan intended for Rodgers, for which Love only had a couple days to assimilate.
As for the KC I would have thought you would commit more the run and set up play action than throw it 34 times. If they did not change the game plan or adjust because Love was playing that’s coaching malpractice

As for the KC I would have thought you would commit more the run and set up play action than throw it 34 times. If they did not change the game plan or adjust because Love was playing that’s coaching malpractice
If I remember they played a heavy box and lots of run blitzing.

Rodgers tested positive on Wednesday that week.
How much of a change to the game plan could they have made and still bring Love up to speed?

Rodgers tested positive on Wednesday that week.
How much of a change to the game plan could they have made and still bring Love up to speed?
At least some. That’s Thursday and Friday practice and Sat walk thru. Personally that’s the staffs job to make that happen

That was a great NFL 101 lesson for Love, because Spags did the thing that every DC under the sun would love to do to a young QB and just blitz the crap out of them and watch them squirm. Love just needed to connect on one or two blitz beaters and that stuff would've stopped.
Royce Newman had a lot of trouble in that game, picking up stunts and blitzes. Cost us a fair amount. Then also Love didn't have his timing down with Davante, which cost us two big plays, one of which turned into an INT.

Love does need to work on his accuracy, but I think he'll do that. Especially if he gets more time with the starters.

Royce Newman had a lot of trouble in that game, picking up stunts and blitzes. Cost us a fair amount. Then also Love didn't have his timing down with Davante, which cost us two big plays, one of which turned into an INT.

Love does need to work on his accuracy, but I think he'll do that. Especially if he gets more time with the starters.
If i remember correctly Love only had one or two real practices with Adams before that game. I actually was impressed with what I saw considering he didn't begin the week as the starter.

Love has made good strides. I agree he's not there yet, as far as being a starter, but I also agree he is "close." Not close to Aaron's level, yet. But close to the standard where he needs to be to start.

Love has made good strides. I agree he's not there yet, as far as being a starter, but I also agree he is "close." Not close to Aaron's level, yet. But close to the standard where he needs to be to start.

It’s impossible to say he’s close to anything after 1 game. Just being honest

Back