Love Boat Thread

From what I saw watching film of the Chiefs game, Royce needs to pick up stunts and blitzes better. However, I feel like he's done that.

Secondarily, Love needs to work on his accuracy. Looks like he knows where to go with the ball, just get consistent ball placement.

Timing with Davante was a big deal on those back shoulder throws, but it doesn't look like Davante is coming back. So, get some time with whoever is gonna be your #1.

That said, go out and get a veteran pass catcher who can get open for Love, make it easy for Love when things break down.
Well when your $51m over the cap thats a difficult ask.

From what I saw watching film of the Chiefs game, Royce needs to pick up stunts and blitzes better. However, I feel like he's done that.

Secondarily, Love needs to work on his accuracy. Looks like he knows where to go with the ball, just get consistent ball placement.

Timing with Davante was a big deal on those back shoulder throws, but it doesn't look like Davante is coming back. So, get some time with whoever is gonna be your #1.

That said, go out and get a veteran pass catcher who can get open for Love, make it easy for Love when things break down.
Good stuff. I think the OL before ML messed with it for the SF game could work. #1 WR maybe through draft if GB is lucky. GB doesn't have much cap to work with for sure. But if you look at this as a multi year retool, next year could def be a good step..

Hahaha ha so Bob McGinn is apparently writing for my man Tyler Dunn. Awesome! Dunn was on Cowherd this week, dished some on Aaron and on Jordan Love too.

I think it's too early to call Love a bust, he was always gonna be a project, that was admitted up front. And this isn't really "year two" for Love, because Covid was year one.

And oh yeah, we didn't hear leaks and rumors about Aaron, because he sucked his first three years. It was only that Cowboys game where Aaron first ever really looked good.

It definitely SEEMS like they want Aaron back, but it's also a little ambiguous. There is a legit theory that they are just playing nice with Aaron and saying the right things, to avoid Aaron's media sycophants from unleashing on the team again this year.

What did Gutey say the other day? Something to the effect that he "never told" Aaron they'd obey a trade request? It sounded a little incongruous amid this seeming love fest Aaron supposedly has with management. But we'll see.

Hahaha ha so Bob McGinn is apparently writing for my man Tyler Dunn. Awesome! Dunn was on Cowherd this week, dished some on Aaron and on Jordan Love too.

I think it's too early to call Love a bust, he was always gonna be a project, that was admitted up front. And this isn't really "year two" for Love, because Covid was year one.

And oh yeah, we didn't hear leaks and rumors about Aaron, because he sucked his first three years. It was only that Cowboys game where Aaron first ever really looked good.

It definitely SEEMS like they want Aaron back, but it's also a little ambiguous. There is a legit theory that they are just playing nice with Aaron and saying the right things, to avoid Aaron's media sycophants from unleashing on the team again this year.

What did Gutey say the other day? Something to the effect that he "never told" Aaron they'd obey a trade request? It sounded a little incongruous amid this seeming love fest Aaron supposedly has with management. But we'll see.

We've been talking Ty Dunne and Bob around here since last summer ? Where you been?

Well Twitter became a thing in about 2007-2008 so “leaks” were not as prevalent then.

I was referring to a QB who will operate the offense according to ML’s wishes.
I think he has adapted his approach because of a QB who hasn’t fully embraced the offense ML brought in 2019.
Because of #12, ML has morphed the offense.
When #12 finally leaves, I’d hope ML goes back to his 2019 vision for this offense.
Most good coaches adjust their offense around the talent that’s there. You can have have some principles and concepts that stay consistent sure but you put the ball in the hands of your playmakers.

Just look at the KC game. Love threw the ball 34 times, Jones and Dillon combined for 20 rushes. Some of that is playing 8 in the box of safety’s closer for the line but until Love proves he can make plays teams will continue to challenge GB and make the QB beat them.

Most good coaches adjust their offense around the talent that’s there. You can have have some principles and concepts that stay consistent sure but you put the ball in the hands of your playmakers.

Just look at the KC game. Love threw the ball 34 times, Jones and Dillon combined for 20 rushes. Some of that is playing 8 in the box of safety’s closer for the line but until Love proves he can make plays teams will continue to challenge GB and make the QB beat them.
I was thinking more about AR’s penchant for going “off script” with this post.

But you make me wonder if the KC game might have had a different mix of plays if they’d had a whole week to put a game plan specifically for Love rather than have Love use the game plan intended for Rodgers, for which Love only had a couple days to assimilate.

That was a great NFL 101 lesson for Love, because Spags did the thing that every DC under the sun would love to do to a young QB and just blitz the crap out of them and watch them squirm. Love just needed to connect on one or two blitz beaters and that stuff would've stopped.

Back