Love Boat Thread

Three points:
1. Love looked like a rookie making his first start. There’s a lot of things to work on, but they don’t seem like things that can’t be fixable.
2. ML absolutely did not do anything as a game planner, play caller, or adjustment maker to help his struggling QB.
3. The OL had a decidedly bad bad game in pass pro. Patrick and Newman were especially putrid.
This but to many idiots among fans and the media want to write it all off on Love for the results.

GB def needs to seriously invest in OL. But we've been saying that for years.

I know it was a patchwork OL but ouch. Watching that gives me more respect for how Love hung in there.

I'm excited to see the post Arod era. With Love having the advantage of a full offseason and camp as the #1 it will be fun to see how this goes. I'm hoping he can be the type of leader Arod wasn't.

I'm excited to see the post Arod era. With Love having the advantage of a full offseason and camp as the #1 it will be fun to see how this goes. I'm hoping he can be the type of leader Arod wasn't.
I’m excited and pessimistic at the same time. WR / TE are pedestrian past Adams, Jones is only dynamic in small spurts.

The hard thing is that yeah we've seen Love a few times but just fits and starts, playing with half a roster or short notice. His play was not impressive but he seemed to be in this place where he was both oblivious/reckless, but also extremely hesitant. Maybe he needs reps, but maybe it's just him.

I’m excited and pessimistic at the same time. WR / TE are pedestrian past Adams, Jones is only dynamic in small spurts.
Agreed. I know with MLs offense you don't need all stars but the point is, that he needs guys who are competent in those positions.

I go back and forth on the talent thing but I truly believe GB is lacking for talent in the areas you stated. If there is a silver lining, as much as I dislike Shanny and the 9ers, I look to them and have hope for what could be in GB under Love. If ML builds his team along those lines, you don't need star studded personel across the board but you do need competent talent that fits your scheme. It's always easier said than done but I hope, with AR gone, ML can get the right pieces in here to build a strong team that relies on what it does best.

Back