Love Boat Thread

I stop reading anything after the word "Bud", I assume it's not for me. Should I go back and read T's post?
rofl(.....he was referencing something you wrote. I didn't want your soliloquy to be attributed to such an unsavory character

Sorry Bud, but disagree. MVS is the only real deep threat in this team. There is no real number 2 WR on this team and could even argue that anyone on the team could be a #3 on another team..

As for WR Rodgers, Cobb and him came from the same area and Cobb tried to help Rodgers. So don't know what the problem w WR Rodgers really is.
MVS was a 5th round pick and has been largely the same player since year 2. You can replace a one trick pony deep threat in the mid-late rounds of the draft, if that's what you want. I'm not advocating for overpaying Lazard, I don't know what numbers would or could or should be, we have other posters here who are much better at that. Just saying that his attitude, the routes he'll run, how he blocks for the RBs - there is room on my roster for that guy, that's all im saying.

As for Amari Rodgers, like I said who knows what's there but it's not promising. Right now he looks to be just as perplexing a pick as Oren Burks, not only a poor player pick in the 3rd but a trade up to boot. Disappointing.

MVS was a 5th round pick and has been largely the same player since year 2. You can replace a one trick pony deep threat in the mid-late rounds of the draft, if that's what you want. I'm not advocating for overpaying Lazard, I don't know what numbers would or could or should be, we have other posters here who are much better at that. Just saying that his attitude, the routes he'll run, how he blocks for the RBs - there is room on my roster for that guy, that's all im saying.

As for Amari Rodgers, like I said who knows what's there but it's not promising. Right now he looks to be just as perplexing a pick as Oren Burks, not only a poor player pick in the 3rd but a trade up to boot. Disappointing.
I’m not that concerned about A Rodgers….yet

WR next to QB might be the most difficult position to adjust to from college especially spread WR who run limited route trees.

I’m not that concerned about A Rodgers….yet

WR next to QB might be the most difficult position to adjust to from college especially spread WR who run limited route trees.
The player overall, I think you're right. But when you trade up for a guy not only as a WR but as a PR as well and he shows up and has absolutely no juice or explosion.... You said earlier it's not fair to compare Cobb and Rodgers and as WR that may be true, but look what Cobb did on ST his rookie year. Stormed out the gate. Rodgers played like a JAG, easily outshone by Kylin Hill.

The player overall, I think you're right. But when you trade up for a guy not only as a WR but as a PR as well and he shows up and has absolutely no juice or explosion.... You said earlier it's not fair to compare Cobb and Rodgers and as WR that may be true, but look what Cobb did on ST his rookie year. Stormed out the gate. Rodgers played like a JAG, easily outshone by Kylin Hill.
That’s fair. Rodgers at Clemson was not a dynamic ST guy so if that’s what they wanted that’s an evaluation mistake. Cobb was probably a better athlete coming out of UK, also played some QB

That’s fair. Rodgers at Clemson was not a dynamic ST guy so if that’s what they wanted that’s an evaluation mistake. Cobb was probably a better athlete coming out of UK, also played some QB
If they made a mistake, then fix it this year.
Draft UCLA’s Kyle Philips as your Slot WR and your KR.
Move Amari into a Tyler Ervin type role as a gadget WR/RB. He has the size/build to function in that role.

If they made a mistake, then fix it this year.
Draft UCLA’s Kyle Philips as your Slot WR and your KR.
Move Amari into a Tyler Ervin type role as a gadget WR/RB. He has the size/build to function in that role.
Not sure what I would do. I really liked Rodgers @ Clemson so not going full nuclear on him yet

Back