Love Boat Thread

Agreed. I know with MLs offense you don't need all stars but the point is, that he needs guys who are competent in those positions.

I go back and forth on the talent thing but I truly believe GB is lacking for talent in the areas you stated. If there is a silver lining, as much as I dislike Shanny and the 9ers, I look to them and have hope for what could be in GB under Love. If ML builds his team along those lines, you don't need star studded personel across the board but you do need competent talent that fits your scheme. It's always easier said than done but I hope, with AR gone, ML can get the right pieces in here to build a strong team that relies on what it does best.
There are guys who have a place on this team, I truly believe Lazard is one of them. But that whole WR room needs a makeover. I'm not giving MVS a contract, sorry. Like the guy, but far too inconsistent to be relied on with both injury and play. Amari Rodgers had any development set back by Cobb's presence (how'd that work out this year?) so really who knows what he can be. Lot of work to be done there.

There are guys who have a place on this team, I truly believe Lazard is one of them. But that whole WR room needs a makeover. I'm not giving MVS a contract, sorry. Like the guy, but far too inconsistent to be relied on with both injury and play. Amari Rodgers had any development set back by Cobb's presence (how'd that work out this year?) so really who knows what he can be. Lot of work to be done there.
I was also hoping to see that Weber guy in game more. He may be a piece of the puzzle as well...

Playing around with Overthecap's calculator, honestly the cap situation isn't as dire as you'd think, assuming you can get your head around trading Rodgers and letting Adams walk. All would need post 6/1 designations but: 1.) trade Rodgers, 2.) Cut Cobb, 3.) Cut Kevin King, and 4.) Cut Billy Turner and that gets them $4mil under. That's not a terrible amount of blood letting IMO. Of course they need to be more under than that to rework the team and sign/extend who they need to, but they can get there with re-structuring Bakhtiari and Amos. Can save further by releasing one of the Smiths.

The point is, you can have Rodgers and Adams, or you can have a good NFL roster, but you can't have both.

Playing around with Overthecap's calculator, honestly the cap situation isn't as dire as you'd think, assuming you can get your head around trading Rodgers and letting Adams walk. All would need post 6/1 designations but: 1.) trade Rodgers, 2.) Cut Cobb, 3.) Cut Kevin King, and 4.) Cut Billy Turner and that gets them $4mil under. That's not a terrible amount of blood letting IMO. Of course they need to be more under than that to rework the team and sign/extend who they need to, but they can get there with re-structuring Bakhtiari and Amos. Can save further by releasing one of the Smiths.

The point is, you can have Rodgers and Adams, or you can have a good NFL roster, but you can't have both.
You can cut both Smiths Turner Lowery restructure Clark and Bak and won't require any post 6/1 designations

To he honest I'm not sure you even need Bahk. Yosh showed enough and Bahks knee may never be the same...
Time will tell on Bak’s knee. They should know what they need to know by OTA’s IMO.
Yosh got shafted last night. He should have been in there. Wonder if Rodgers had any input on that? Him and Turner are tight.
Nijman is an ERFA in 2022, so Packers own him cheap for one more year.

Sorry Bud, but disagree. MVS is the only real deep threat in this team. There is no real number 2 WR on this team and could even argue that anyone on the team could be a #3 on another team..

As for WR Rodgers, Cobb and him came from the same area and Cobb tried to help Rodgers. So don't know what the problem w WR Rodgers really is.

Sorry Bud, but disagree. MVS is the only real deep threat in this team. There is no real number 2 WR on this team and could even argue that anyone on the team could be a #3 on another team..

As for WR Rodgers, Cobb and him came from the same area and Cobb tried to help Rodgers. So don't know what the problem w WR Rodgers really is.
MVS is a one trick pony. Below average route guy. Let's not compare Cobb and Rodgers. Cobb was not a pure spread WR, UK ran more pro sets with Rich Brooks as HC Rodgers was at Clemson, pure spread so big learning curve

Last edited:

I'm not sure if rpiotr should take that as a compliment or a slight rofl(

Back